+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default So applied for a job

Part time evenings which is perfect as hubby works days and I can go and work till 10 - not too late and pretty good money.

When I applied for the job there were some introduction questions. One was if I could commit to 4 weeks full time training. Um no - my husband and mum can't take time off work. Parents in law would help but can't take a baby and a toddler full time. If I could do 4 weeks full time I would go dr a full time job.

Seriously I was thinking even UNI students would find it hard to do 4 weeks full time training (not in holidays)

I just don't understand what training requires 4 whole weeks maybe 1. Wouldn't they make allowances...

Sorry just a vent... I thought all money problems were over . I know I wasn't guaranteed the job but I was very very qualified for it - it was round the corner from home as well.
    Last edited by Meld85; 05-11-2013 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    could you not put the kids into day care for the time u have to do your training? seems a shame you miss out ... if you were near me I would help out if you wanted.... I hope you can do your training

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah, that sounds pretty absurd... why would a part-time employee be able to commit to full-time training, especially for such a long time?

Chin up though, it's not the only job out there... fingers crossed you find a better opportunity soon!

EDIT: But yes, PP has a good suggestion - if you do want this job, daycare will only be temporary. Of course, that depends on whether or not there's vacancies nearby... and if you'll get paid for training...

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was looking for work earlier in the year I found that a lot of jobs required this kind of committment for the first 4-6 weeks. I guess they deliver training in a structured block, possibly to multiple people.

I decided during the job hunting process that most job ads were subliminally saying "Mums need not apply".

Good luck in your search.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I did try day care but they don't have any positions apparently the baby area is very popular and cause both mine are under 2 they both need to I in there...

Thank you Louise that is such a generous offer to make to a stranger. Bubba is only 12 weeks so not really sure I want her away from me at all for that long of a time.

Stupid 4 weeks training...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems the 4 week full time training is pretty standard for a lot of positions, even if it is a part time position. It is so they can train everyone at the same time. Good luck in finding the right position.