+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Money suck we had save 3000 which may not be alot but cover both our regos and left overs for Christmas. Dp had an operation and had nearly 3 weeks off work (he was casual so didnt get paid and his income protection he had to have 60 days off work before he could claim anything) so we are down to no savings 2 regos due and Christmas presents we havent even started buying yet. Lucky dp got a new job not too long ago where he can work overtime so he will be putting in the hours. Which means im not going to see him much ahhh sorry bit of a vent/money trouble.

me and dp with dd and ds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Does anybody in here not have savings? At the moment we are living week to week and dont even have a $1 in savings to dabble in if we are short Fx we aren't stuck in this rut for too long Its so overwhelming
    We don't have any savings at all either. We don't have credit cards, or anything like that.... His whole income goes on bills and the cost of essentials (rent, school fees, groceries, electricity, gas etc).

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We always stress about money and lack of. We live week to week so entertainment is very rare. I have been selling stuff on facebook bad pages to make a little extra cash & declutter, I go through phases where I will sell heaps one week then nothing the next. I am always looking for ways to supplement our income as when my ppl runs out in Feb I don't want to have to work fulltime.

me & he = ds 17/9/13 <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    If you don't pay ur debt then centrelink pass u onto the debt collectors. They don't automatically reduce your payments without coming to an agreement with u first
    I never made any attempt to repay a debt i had with them. I figured they would take it at tax time and they did. There was never any debt collectors or threat of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not stressed so much no, just always conscious of it though. I live stringently most of the time but like to indulge a bit at times. I always think very carefully about how best to spend my money though. Spent a bit on DS for Christmas, but thought a lot about his presents and what he'd like and will use a lot. I also save a lot by doing things myself (building/fixing things around house. Growing own veggies, making my own stuff etc.).

Id probably stress more about money if I actually had a lot though. Money is a very big deal to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm struggling, but mostly due to my own spending than anything else. I worked up a budget and I haven't been all that great at sticking to it in the last week. Must get back on track- there will be no left over money but bills will be paid and DS will have birthday presents under the Christmas tree.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to be in this situation. but beginning of this year i sat down with hubby and we looked at the mess we had gotten ourself into with cc and debt etc and I decided then and there I am not living like this anymore.

Almost a year on and we are finally coming out of that hole!

All overdue (some lots overdue) big bills are now paid and the only 'bill' i have to back pay is to my parents (lent us money when we were in the sh1t). Now in a place where i can chip away at that.

1 cc fully paid off and getting the other one done - should be done by early next year.

Then all the extra money will go to our car loans.

We put the mortage on interest only for 2 years with the sole intention of getting out of debt.

I also started funnelling my daycare rebate of $130 a week into a separate savings account - i calculated that $100 a week should cover rates, rego, water, termite cover etc - big bills. Now when a bill comes in the money is there - and this is the best feeling ever.

Another tip - ring up your electric company and ask to go on a payment plan thing - i pay $60 every week which covers me - i stil get the bill but by the time the next one comes the former is paid and i just keep paying $60 - takes a huge amount of stress away.

I also recommend shopping around for your insurance premiums - saved us a lot by doing this.

And definitely find a bank with a 0% transfer cc and transfer your ccs onto that and pay pay pay.

We have a week where we slip up now and then and spend more then we should but we dust ourselves off and focus on our goals.

Its still a ways off to being out of debt but fingers crossed end of next year the only debt we will have is our mortgage.

Seems a long way away to budget and save but im just trying to imagine a life without stress to motivate me.

Hugs to everyone. Money issues suck big time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This week we have $3500 worth of bills!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummtime101 View Post
    😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummtime101 View Post
    Mine came to $1300 and I was *****ing about that!
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 07-11-2013 at 11:28.