+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    You actually can do it for rego if you get a registration payment card from department of transport.
    You just take it to AusPost to make payments.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Good to know! Probably too hard basket for me as it works well because it is all automatic so I don't have to think about it!

I have a separate account set up that the rego payments (total divided by 26) and the insurance go into so that money is always there ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you about financial stress.
    There has been some good advice here about working out weekly amounts to direct debit etc.

Depending where you're based (I'm in WA) there are community grants and special schemes you can apply for if you are experiencing financial hardship and paying for utilities.

I can't stress enough to go and see a financial councellor (they are free) they can guide you and tell you about schemes and grants you may not be aware of.

If you are having trouble paying bills, always communicate with the supplier. By law they are required to look at your situation and offer different payment terms if you are in financial hardship.

Coming up to Xmas I think everyone feels the extra financial stress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    Also does anyone have any experience dealing with debt collectors? I missed a few payments on a centrelink debt and when I called them to sort it they said it had been referred to a debt collector. I then called the debt collectors to work out a payment plan and they tried to tell me that I had to pay $500 down payment and then $200 a fortnight!!! There is no way I have that kind of money but I'm not the sort if person to kick up a fuss :/
    That's against the law to try n negotiate something u cannot afford. State to them u cannot pay that n they cannot force u. Ask about a financial hardship option. Good luck!

AFM-we're okay at the moment, no savings but paying off a wedding-my biggest worry is catering :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    That's odd they got in a debt collector. Centrelink usually reduce the amount of FTB etc they pay to recoup the debt.
    Or recover the funds come tax time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep mega stressed here, DP lost his job in July, after being cut back to part time at the end of last year (with lots of promises it wouldn't be for long etc)...and with the industry downturn hasn't been able to get anything... Our mortgage is currently on hold as are car payments, credit card payments etc... We're expecting a settlement payment from his ex hopefully before Xmas, but a big portion of that is just going to go towards paying off our debts (including legal fees)...
    If it hadn't been for my amazing MIL we would have gone under
    DP is getting his truck licence on Friday so hopefully will be able to get some money coming in as we've given up hope of him getting something in his field, despite him being highly qualified.
    Can't wait until we don't feel like we're drowning any more and I don't dread checking the letter box...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate checking my letter box and I have become really bad at not wanting to answer any phone calls that don't display the phone number!!! I keep insisting if it's important they will leave a msg so I can call back but really I know it's just an avoidance technique

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpmakes2 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    I hate checking my letter box and I have become really bad at not wanting to answer any phone calls that don't display the phone number!!! I keep insisting if it's important they will leave a msg so I can call back but really I know it's just an avoidance technique
    Meh me too, the letterbox is enemy number 1 for me. I hate hearing the postie

Thanks
    Reviews
    $$$ have never worried me.

It is no $$$ that is the problem

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (07-11-2013),Little Miss Sunshine  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you don't pay ur debt then centrelink pass u onto the debt collectors. They don't automatically reduce your payments without coming to an agreement with u first

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i'm always worried about money here. I have a budget and I check it all the time but it doesn't matter then money that I allocate for savings just isn't there at the end of the week I have no idea where it goes but it's driving me nuts. I'm lucky though bills don't bother me because I used to stress whenever we got one so now I have a Bill account. I've divided all the bills up and I put a certain amount in there every week so that when a bill comes in the money is sitting there and waiting. I totally recommend doing it before that I was drowning in bills.