+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Aww.. thank you. I'm not in melb though. It's alright, really. Hopefully by next month I will have got my bond back and finances will be slightly better and I can buy a cheapy from fantastic furniture or the likes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Np. Wish I could've helped. Fantadtic furniture has heaps of good stuff

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    If it weren't for DF's Dad we would be in serious trouble. He just paid DF's rego and to fix a part on his car.

DF has been fixing his car with the help of his Dad for months now to save money. It saved heaps but was still more than we could afford as he in on apprentice wages.

We are extremely lucky to not have to pay electricity or any bills except rent (weekly), internet every second month and phones. That said our house is too small for us and we are struggling to stay here as long as we can so we can pay back DF's Dad.

I hate being in debt and have never lived this way my whole life. I am an awesome saver and people always borrowed from me so I hate this.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so stressed about going to the hairdressers tomorrow (it's been 7 months and starting to really effect my self esteem) because I know I can't afford it and it's probably gonna be around 300. That's the problem with hairdressers if you're not a regular you have no idea what the damage is going to be.

Being on 1 wage is hard, we get by but I just hate having to ask DH for money (we still have separate accounts the other can't access) and I haven't spent a cent on myself since my paid leave runs out. I hate being dependant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    I'm so stressed about going to the hairdressers tomorrow (it's been 7 months and starting to really effect my self esteem) because I know I can't afford it and it's probably gonna be around 300. That's the problem with hairdressers if you're not a regular you have no idea what the damage is going to be.

Being on 1 wage is hard, we get by but I just hate having to ask DH for money (we still have separate accounts the other can't access) and I haven't spent a cent on myself since my paid leave runs out. I hate being dependant.
    Check out Scoopon, Groupon, Living
    Social etc, you can get some great deals for under $100 sometimes even under $50.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few months ago I went through all our bills and divided the total amount of each bill into a fortnightly cost (i.e. electricity comes 3 monthly so divided the total into 6, phone comes monthly so divided the total into 2) and set up standing BPay fortnightly payments to those bill accounts. So, instead of getting a bill, I get a zero balance or a small credit or a small bill. It is working really well.

The only thing you can't do that for is Rego (in QLD) and insurance, but rates, everything else it works for.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2013),Purple Lily  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I here you. I'm on half my pay at moment as on maternity leave and DH earns a good wage and we are living with inlaws trying to save to buy a house and even then we find it extremely difficult to save! Just paid hospital bills as bub was born 2 weeks ago, just paid electricity and put some money away for photos of bub that will be due soon. Have one car paid off the other on finance though will probably sell the car that's paid off to use towards buying a house. Then buy a cheaoer 2nd hand one with cash only before i go back to work. Everything Is so damn expensive. Have cut out on spending too though still can't seem to get ahead. Makes me worry how we are going to pay house repayments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    A few months ago I went through all our bills and divided the total amount of each bill into a fortnightly cost (i.e. electricity comes 3 monthly so divided the total into 6, phone comes monthly so divided the total into 2) and set up standing BPay fortnightly payments to those bill accounts. So, instead of getting a bill, I get a zero balance or a small credit or a small bill. It is working really well.

The only thing you can't do that for is Rego (in QLD) and insurance, but rates, everything else it works for.
    You actually can do it for rego if you get a registration payment card from department of transport.
    You just take it to AusPost to make payments.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep money hurts we have no savings and spend at least 250 a week just on paying off different debts and that's without any regular bills. We fell behind on rent and our electricity while we have been waiting for ppl to kick in. My daughters bday is in a couple of weeks and I can't even afford to throw her a little party which I really wanted to do because we just had another baby and feel a day focused in her would be good. Hoping that the next few weeks we can start to improve things as PPL gets paid this week which should catch us up on rent and we have almost caught up on electricity as long as another one doesn't come now lol. Also DF is starting to get overtime cos it's busy season so his work is placing his overtime pay into out bills/savings account so we can start to get a bit of savings ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also does anyone have any experience dealing with debt collectors? I missed a few payments on a centrelink debt and when I called them to sort it they said it had been referred to a debt collector. I then called the debt collectors to work out a payment plan and they tried to tell me that I had to pay $500 down payment and then $200 a fortnight!!! There is no way I have that kind of money but I'm not the sort if person to kick up a fuss :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    Also does anyone have any experience dealing with debt collectors? I missed a few payments on a centrelink debt and when I called them to sort it they said it had been referred to a debt collector. I then called the debt collectors to work out a payment plan and they tried to tell me that I had to pay $500 down payment and then $200 a fortnight!!! There is no way I have that kind of money but I'm not the sort if person to kick up a fuss :/
    I would call back! I havent had any personal experience but Ive heard that debt collecters are usually pretty good at working with you and what you can afford. As long as you are paying they usually work with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast