+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else stressed about $$

I cannot be the only person stressing about money can I?

And the worrying thing is I'm pretty stingy as it is.

And it's day to day living expenses that kill me. This week I got gas, electricity and phone bill all at once. $1000 worth and seriously seems like I only just paid the last lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This time of year I find all the bills arrive at once! We have IVF to pay for by a specific date then holidays to have money for, car payment is due at the same time as IVF too and dh gets paid monthly which makes it more difficult sometimes.
    Lucky I do Xmas shopping through the year and have been putting whatever $ I can the past few months to our savings account in preparation. The car needs servicing before we leave for holidays too and haven't yet booked accommodation for our road trip. I'm expecting an electricity bill any day now which will be huge as it's that time of year climate wise. But I have requested my 4 weeks leave to be paid in advance so that will take the pressure off and if I really need to I could not make the car payment because we are always ahead but don't really want to but yep... Crazy stressy time of year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are drowning at the moment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yerp. Money stress sucks! Eep so many bills due in the next fortnught it isn't even funny. Christmas is going to absolutely suck this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so sadly I'm not the only person. So I'm curious what does everyone else do when the s!?t hits the financial fan and you have no idea how you'll pay for everything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Ok so sadly I'm not the only person. So I'm curious what does everyone else do when the s!?t hits the financial fan and you have no idea how you'll pay for everything?
    We have been selling stuff on gumtree that we dont need or use. Make some money and declutter at the same time! Other than that we ask for extensions before we get overdue bills and have been living with just the essentials so weekly shop and petrol nothing extra like takeaway.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2013),Skippy79  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Yep, I'm in a pretty crappy finacially situation atm. I recently moved, my insurance was due and had gone up several hundred dollars, everything is deciding to break and fall apart. I no longer have a bed, nor can I afford one so I sleep on the floor. I really need to get my car serviced which is stupidly expensive ($1200).
    Right now is the worst financial situation I've been in, in quite some time.

I find things usually balance out, like get few extra hours at work, or things like the school kids bonus ( which will no longer exist). I'm hoping my bond from the last place will come in soon and I can pay off my credit card ( used it to pay insurance).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm freaking out a little. I have gotten rates and my phone bill at the same time and I only work two days, plus there is another mortgage payment due next week. We are so incredibly low on food and to top it all off, my cat looks like she has gotten pancreatitis again. Last time that happened it cost me a couple thousand. But if she doesn't get treated she dies. If I do have a vet bill, my only solution will be to work extra days. Im lucky that is possible but I cried at the thought of leaving DD for two days and I have only been back at work for a few weeks. I hate money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvest Moon that has made me so sad for you
    On Facebook we have lots of buy and sell groups with people giving beds away or Facebook groups that help people in need. Do you have any access to these?
    Last edited by Aquillah; 05-11-2013 at 19:02.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep freaking out allot. I realised we go through my hubby's money and the paid parental leave which will run out in December - I have no idea how we will live just on his wage,

I'm doing the budget and just can't work it out. Will try to find a casual job but its hard.

Annoying found the perfect job online part time in the evenings so we don't need to fork out for child care. I thought I was in with a great chance as I was really qualified but in the questions to submit the application it says if employed you need to commit to 4 weeks full time training. I can't get my 2 kids (20 months and 3 months) taken care of for 4 weeks.

Seriously if I can get 4 weeks full time care I would be going for a full time job - not a part time evening job.