+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I hope everyone doesn't mind me jumping in on your thread, I'm needing some friendly advice/support with our situation. I'm turning 29 in Sept, hubby is 39 we have a beautiful almost three yr old little girl who is perfect, she was conceived within six wks after I went off the pill in 2011 and we have been ttc #2 since sept (finished breastfeeding only 6 months ago). We fell pregnant in fen and we miscarried at 5wks, I had my second fertility appt yesterday and was told my amh? Is 5 for my age 14 is considered low and my dr advised doing either IUI or IVF and next cycle trying Clomid with IUI. 10% chance with IUI 35% chance with IVF, IUI doesn't cost much after Medicare but obviously hubby is scared about the cost with IVF and also chance of twins with Clomid (dr said usually 10%chance of twins but on my case even less than that).
    Anyway, I'm extremely upset and have mixed feelings I really want another bub for us but more for my daughter who always asks. I just need some knowledge, advice, support from those who have been there and done that!

thanks for listening and again sorry to bombard your posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello @Mummyandwifey
    Welcome to our thread! Unfortunately both of us on here decided a while back that IVF is the way for us. We never did IUI's. Sorry, the title is a little misleading!
    I had a lot of confusion around whether to do an IUI or not and it came down to what was logically going to get the the best outcome. IUI has a much lower success rate and the cost didn't seem worth it to me. We also have male factor infertility so it was pointless.
    Clomid seems to work for a lot of people though. It's such a personal decision and we had a 6mth break in between hearing all the bad news and actually doing anything. You need to go at your own pace and be 100% comfortable with what treatment plan you go with. Don't be coerced by the FS!
    Sorry I couldn't help anymore. All the best and good luck with #2.

Welcome @Bundle of joy
    Sorry I can't provide any support on an IUI as I'm looking at IVF now but good luck with the 2WW!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    FS/IVF appt June 5th - here we go again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Hello @SJ89
    I'm sorry that your cycle has been cancelled
    That must suck hard! Good you managed to get a new job so quickly tho as being unemployed and looking for work isn't a great stress to have either!
    When do you plan to start again?
    I had a rough week last week. 4 friends told me they were pregnant and I felt hit from all angles it's made me and DH even more determined though so I guess that's a good thing!
    Appt is Thursday so I'll know more then

Welcome Jasmine! Where are you based?
    Sorry.. We kind of swapped topics to IVF here but feel free to join us

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    TTC Break over
    FS/IVF appt June 5th - here we go again!
    Hi im based in rockhampton. I would still like to follow as we havent made a defiente decision yet.we see our fs in 2weeks time so will make a decision thdn.im thinking ivf only because my hubby has slow swimmers and low count and if the fs says the sperm heads wont penetrate the egg then there is no point doing iui..how did your appointment go today? Any new decisions made or plans

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ89 View Post
    Hi jasmine! Welcome goodluck with clomid! I did fall pregnant on clomid, though it didn't stick, so there is hope! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Will you be doing IUI with clomid or injections? Are they monitoring your follies at the moment at all?

Hi miracle, omg omg that is awful. What a slap in the face and don't I know about it. I probably would dies if that many people told me. I had one friend tell me tho and it was my best friend. She told me she was pregnant (13weeks) and then went on to tell me it was naturally with twins. I was hosting a high tea that day and my other friends we just arriving and I kept it together until everyone left and had a major break down! As you would know, you are SO SO happy for them, but as I said to DH, I can't wait for the day where I can just be happy and not feel jealous at the same time. It's taking it's toll.

Thursday eeeek, not long now!! Are you excited? Have you been doing any other things to help like acupuncture etc? I stopped acupuncture awhile back. I think it was great for me but i won't prob start it again until I'm ready to try again.

Hubby has to go to the USA for a helicopter course,so I'm going to go too. Going to visit my family for a week and then go spend a couple weeks with Jon. I can't wait! Haven't had a holiday in so long and it's probably come at the right time. We are going to go July-Aug and then try for bub again around October. That should give me enough work time to be entitled to maternity leave.

It's awful to do that to an employer but I need a job and it's baby time lol

Stay well and keep me update! It's so good that you guys got extra determined! I need to be more like that!Attachment 55740Attachment 55741

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 33
    DH has no issues
    Hi! Like I said to amiracle4me we haven't made a decision really until we meet with the fs. Hopefully he says iui will be fine cos its cheaper but that does only mean one shot.if it take a couple goes then may as well do ivf.
    When have you decided to start ivf or have you changed your mind?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jasmine

Our appt was running an hour late and we were seen for all of 5 minutes . Going public is very different from private.I have been given more time in a takeaway shop..
    He was awful. Didn't go through our updated test results. Just shoved some paperwork under our noses to sign and we were out within 5 minutes.
    The good news is that we have booked a nurses appt for June 28th!
    Only two weeks now. Hoping I don't get AF before then. Once I've seen the nurse I'll start at next AF.
    How long have you been trying?

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 28th June
    ICSI #1 - July sometime

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wrote the longest post and it deleted on me ahhh I'm going to use the computer today cos I'm not typing it again on my phone

TTC #1 since sept 2011
    Clomid x9 M/C Aug 2013
    IUI#1 - BFN
    PCOS + Endo
    CIN3 cells x3 ops removed
    Me - 25 DH - 33
    DH has no issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bummer @SJ89
    Looking forward to your reply