+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am already a MIL. Just not a pushy, nosy one who doesnt respect my DD1 and her partners personal space. Although no grandies for me yet. We will see I suppose

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would just close everything u don't want her going into and hope that she takes that hint. I had MIL stay at our house and I know she went through our stuff cuz things were moved in our room. I was so annoyed but some people just can't help themselves..
    If your not going to enjoy your night out because of her being in your home it's prob best just not to go .
    Or how about the day before taking them to sleep st your MIL house and get them the next day?. Don't know if someone suggested that already...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    I would just close everything u don't want her going into and hope that she takes that hint. I had MIL stay at our house and I know she went through our stuff cuz things were moved in our room. I was so annoyed but some people just can't help themselves..
    If your not going to enjoy your night out because of her being in your home it's prob best just not to go .
    Or how about the day before taking them to sleep st your MIL house and get them the next day?. Don't know if someone suggested that already...
    Its kind of a spur of the.moment thing for DH and I to go to this show, because we rarely go out.

I thought about sending DS and DD2 to Mil's overnight rather than have her here but she lives 2.5 hours away so the drop off/pick up runs would be around 10 hours driving time total. Kinda makes going out for a couple of hours just not worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL is a very educated and intelligent woman, but she comes across these days as a complete ditz. She also has very poor hearing, even with hearing aides. DH and I aren't a fan of her partner either so would leave our children with her as an absolute last resort.
    FIL is wonderful with the kids but his wife is an evil, manipulative little cow who treats FIL like crap every time he comes to see the kids so we'd never leave then with him either.
    My SIL's are fantastic and we plan on shopping the kids off to their Aunties in school holidays when they are older :-)

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you go to the show with a friend and leave your DH at home with the kids?

Personally I'd be very uncomfortable with an 18yo I hardly know watching my DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wanted a date night with DH which we hardly do ever and it was just good timing that we were having a cool comedian do a show in our little town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh just go to the show! if you really wanna see the comedian then don't miss out on it. Just put anything away you don't want looked at.. you'll be glad you went. nothing more than a fun night out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP, what time is the show and for how long? Most comedy things I have been to start at 7:30 and go for 90 mins at most. If she is busy with the kids, surely she won't have much time for snooping??

I can't say I would be turning cartwheels at the idea of having someone in my house either, but I wouldn't make a big deal about it. It makes sense for kids to be babysat in their own homes unless they are sleeping over, so I'll just put anything I don't want people seeing away when the time comes. After all, anyone can snoop. Babysitter, plumber, friend, family.

Having said that, I would find a local babysitter. You obviously don't want MIL in the house and nothing anyone says here is going to change your mind. So get someone to come in and care for the kids and go have fun.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My in laws stayed over our house Saturday night while DH and I went away with his mates for a boozy night. I trust them. Every monday my mil comes over while I work to watch DS2. She will take washing off the line for me and fold it. I dont find it rude at all, in fact I appreciate the help.

Don't miss out on an opportunity to have a great night out

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    There really is a massive difference between help and snooping/invasion of privacy. Considering MIL lives 2.5 hours away you are by no means replacing MIL, you are using a local option. And those of you concerned about this happening to you when you are MIL's, I'd hazard a guess if you don't snoop throught DIL's house, invade her privacy and overstep your bounds, you'll be right. Op clearly isn't being 'mean' to MIL for no reason, she has a legitimate problem with her and how she behaves in her house....???

Lots of us know where you are coming from op, I guess until you live it others can't possibly understand!

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rach85 For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-11-2013),VanityFey  (07-11-2013)