+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breez View Post

Some MILs clearly don't know personal boundaries and I would like to know how looking through your stuff is 'helping'??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You hit the nail on the head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breez View Post

Some MILs clearly don't know personal boundaries and I would like to know how looking through your stuff is 'helping'??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Except that the snooping is an assumption.

And that there are much bigger issues to be concerned about when someone is babysitting your children than someone peeking in your linen cupboard and possibly folding your washing?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-11-2013),GlitterFarts  (06-11-2013),NoteToSelf  (06-11-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you just need to tell her straight out that you don't want her rearranging stuff or snooping.
    Give her a chance, and if she snoops, don't use her again.
    Considering it is an assumption, obviously based on some history, I think it would only be fair to give her a chance after telling her the boundaries/rules. If she breaks the rules, you know you can't trust her.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-11-2013),Cicho  (06-11-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (18-11-2013),SuperGranny  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The only reason I wouldn't like it is because it'd mean I'd have to go on a mad cleaning spree... not leave it how I would if she wasn't coming over. lol.

I don't understand why it's such an issue for you OP, but it clearly is... so just do whatever works and doesn't leave you having an anxiety attack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love when MIL babysits at my place cause she does my most hates chores - ironing & sheet folding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post

And that there are much bigger issues to be concerned about when someone is babysitting your children than someone peeking in your linen cupboard and possibly folding your washing?
    The snooping is not an assumption. I have caught her. DH invited her for the weekend (no dramas there) but she was going through my linen closet. I could see her reflection in the bathroom mirror from the kitchen!

So even when we are here she is nosing through my stuff. Leaving her alone in my home in her eyes will be an open invitation to go through my sh!t!

No thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I honestly can't believe how so many of you would be cool with someone snooping through your house and things! That would drive me beyond crazy! Omg nothing is worth that. And if she's snooping, she isn't paying attention to the kids imo. Totally with you on that op.

Tbh I'd ask if your 20yo daughter can do it? Time with her darling siblings and you'll pay her in wine/chocolate/gratitude. I'd never mind my mum asking me to do that for her, if she has plans she can always say no Totally worth an ask, maybe can be her Christmas pressie to you

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rach85 For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post

Read post #11 from yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    I honestly can't believe how so many of you would be cool with someone snooping through your house and things! That would drive me beyond crazy! Omg nothing is worth that. And if she's snooping, she isn't paying attention to the kids imo. Totally with you on that op.

Tbh I'd ask if your 20yo daughter can do it? Time with her darling siblings and you'll pay her in wine/chocolate/gratitude. I'd never mind my mum asking me to do that for her, if she has plans she can always say no Totally worth an ask, maybe can be her Christmas pressie to you

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.
    If DD1 was local I would ask her, but she is 3 hours away, working full time and studying. She has too much going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmm, I actually do get what you're saying. My MIL made herself available to house sit for us when we all went away on a holiday together (husband and all the kids) I didn't actually ask her to do it at all, and in fact it just made me more anxious because I felt like I had to have things in order, and much tidier than usual because I was worried about what she would think. It did actually make me feel very uncomfortable, but what do you do....she felt like she was doing us a favour! I actually don't like people in my home that much at all, and I do understand what you are saying. If it makes you feel anxious or uncomfortable, it's not really much of a help to have mil there, is it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (06-11-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast