+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 87
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breez View Post

    Some MILs clearly don't know personal boundaries and I would like to know how looking through your stuff is 'helping'??



    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You hit the nail on the head

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked
    318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breez View Post

    Some MILs clearly don't know personal boundaries and I would like to know how looking through your stuff is 'helping'??

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Except that the snooping is an assumption.

    And that there are much bigger issues to be concerned about when someone is babysitting your children than someone peeking in your linen cupboard and possibly folding your washing?

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (18-11-2013),GlitterFarts  (06-11-2013),NoteToSelf  (06-11-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (18-11-2013)

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    4,843
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe you just need to tell her straight out that you don't want her rearranging stuff or snooping.
    Give her a chance, and if she snoops, don't use her again.
    Considering it is an assumption, obviously based on some history, I think it would only be fair to give her a chance after telling her the boundaries/rules. If she breaks the rules, you know you can't trust her.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (18-11-2013),Cicho  (06-11-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (18-11-2013),SuperGranny  (06-11-2013)

  6. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The only reason I wouldn't like it is because it'd mean I'd have to go on a mad cleaning spree... not leave it how I would if she wasn't coming over. lol.

    I don't understand why it's such an issue for you OP, but it clearly is... so just do whatever works and doesn't leave you having an anxiety attack.

  7. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked
    862
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love when MIL babysits at my place cause she does my most hates chores - ironing & sheet folding

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    Except that the snooping is an assumption.

    And that there are much bigger issues to be concerned about when someone is babysitting your children than someone peeking in your linen cupboard and possibly folding your washing?
    The snooping is not an assumption. I have caught her. DH invited her for the weekend (no dramas there) but she was going through my linen closet. I could see her reflection in the bathroom mirror from the kitchen!

    So even when we are here she is nosing through my stuff. Leaving her alone in my home in her eyes will be an open invitation to go through my sh!t!

    No thanks.

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked
    249
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I honestly can't believe how so many of you would be cool with someone snooping through your house and things! That would drive me beyond crazy! Omg nothing is worth that. And if she's snooping, she isn't paying attention to the kids imo. Totally with you on that op.

    Tbh I'd ask if your 20yo daughter can do it? Time with her darling siblings and you'll pay her in wine/chocolate/gratitude. I'd never mind my mum asking me to do that for her, if she has plans she can always say no Totally worth an ask, maybe can be her Christmas pressie to you


    Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to rach85 For This Useful Post:

    Cicho  (06-11-2013)

  11. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    Except that the snooping is an assumption.

    And that there are much bigger issues to be concerned about when someone is babysitting your children than someone peeking in your linen cupboard and possibly folding your washing?
    Read post #11 from yesterday

  12. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    I honestly can't believe how so many of you would be cool with someone snooping through your house and things! That would drive me beyond crazy! Omg nothing is worth that. And if she's snooping, she isn't paying attention to the kids imo. Totally with you on that op.

    Tbh I'd ask if your 20yo daughter can do it? Time with her darling siblings and you'll pay her in wine/chocolate/gratitude. I'd never mind my mum asking me to do that for her, if she has plans she can always say no Totally worth an ask, maybe can be her Christmas pressie to you


    Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.
    If DD1 was local I would ask her, but she is 3 hours away, working full time and studying. She has too much going on

  13. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    428
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked
    132
    Reviews
    0
    hmmm, I actually do get what you're saying. My MIL made herself available to house sit for us when we all went away on a holiday together (husband and all the kids) I didn't actually ask her to do it at all, and in fact it just made me more anxious because I felt like I had to have things in order, and much tidier than usual because I was worried about what she would think. It did actually make me feel very uncomfortable, but what do you do....she felt like she was doing us a favour! I actually don't like people in my home that much at all, and I do understand what you are saying. If it makes you feel anxious or uncomfortable, it's not really much of a help to have mil there, is it?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

    Cicho  (06-11-2013)


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Concerned for a friend but should I be wary?
    By littlebopeep2013 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-07-2013, 17:03
  2. Allowing non parents into babes in arms cinema sessions
    By me+he&she=three in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 17:06
  3. How do you say no to people when you don't want them to babysit?
    By DarcyJ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 07:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!