Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Having said all of that. I wouldnt mind if this happened to ds. He'd be stoked.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think you will change your tune a bit once you are employed and are responsible for your own grade. It's very easy to judge from the outside, and yes, I know you have graduated but the experience you have had so far in the profession is a mere drop in the ocean.

I actually support the teachers here, and also the theory that it was more likely 2 tv shows, rather than movies (kids are easily confused)

I'm not judging anyone but the fact is that she watched two movies during learning time because teachers had to work on their reports. No matter where I work and when and whichever sector is, I will not put on movies for kids just because I need to finish my reports. Never ever.
    I have friends who are teachers and I know how hard they work. It's a couple of teachers who give the profession a bad name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    2 movies back to back is excessive. My husband is a high school teacher so has many many many more reports to do than a primary school teacher.

He does them during recess, lunch and stays up until 3 am most nights getting them done. During report time i dont see or receive help from him at all because he is so busy. Never have i heard of him blowing off lessons to do it during class time.

A whole different thread but as a primary teacher we cover all KLA's but only for a class of one which still works out to quite a workload. Plus when I was teaching high school I had waaaaay more NCT time and less duties than as a primary. Could have just been the school though??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    You're very reminiscent of the lovely parents I've been blessed to have this year. The impact a positive parent can have on a teacher is overwhelming. I've once received the most beautiful letter that brought me to tears.

I thank my hairdresser for doing a wonderful job, I appreciate the service my doctor provides and constantly thank him, I'm even very complimentary to the barista who makes me the most wonderful skinny flat whites. Yet the things I hear said about teachers often leave me gaping at the mouth. They are there providing a service for our most prized processions yet they are often berated as a whole so openly. I genuinely just don't understand it.

Unfortunately the attacking negative behaviour of others can be soul destroying. Kudos to you MB (warm fuzziness!!)
    Thank you for that

I've seen my three boys through a lot of years of school 23, 19 and Mr 16 still in year 11, I have known so many beautiful teachers along the way, been friends with a few as well, met a lot of parents along the way too, some are just never satisfied, must be gutting when your a good teacher doing your very best.

Very glad some of you ladies have defended yourselves, it's been an eye opener.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshack View Post
    DD1 watched 2 movies back-to-back with her class during the learning time between recess and lunch as her teachers had to go off to prepare the term reports. I just don't agree with this. Why can't they do it during school hours without interrupting kids' learning or at home? Even if it was during the Music period, how responsible is it to let kids watch movies as they are lagging behind in finishing their reports?
    Would be interested to know the movies and how long the session between recess and lunch is.

As others have pointed out, between recess and lunch is 2 hours max, in my school it is 1hr 45 mins.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-11-2013),SassyMummy  (05-11-2013),Tamtam  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    You're very reminiscent of the lovely parents I've been blessed to have this year. The impact a positive parent can have on a teacher is overwhelming. I've once received the most beautiful letter that brought me to tears.

I thank my hairdresser for doing a wonderful job, I appreciate the service my doctor provides and constantly thank him, I'm even very complimentary to the barista who makes me the most wonderful skinny flat whites. Yet the things I hear said about teachers often leave me gaping at the mouth. They are there providing a service for our most prized processions yet they are often berated as a whole so openly. I genuinely just don't understand it.

Unfortunately the attacking negative behaviour of others can be soul destroying. Kudos to you MB (warm fuzziness!!)
    I am so sad reading this thread as it really shows how poorly teachers can be treated. I absolutely adore my sons teacher this year, its his first year in formal schooling and I couldnt of picked a better teacher for him. She is such a lovely lady it makes me sad to think she might be treated poorly! Such wonderful things she has done for my son!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-11-2013),Mokeybear  (05-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That poor teacher

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A whole different thread but as a primary teacher we cover all KLA's but only for a class of one which still works out to quite a workload. Plus when I was teaching high school I had waaaaay more NCT time and less duties than as a primary. Could have just been the school though??

Im def not meaning to take away from what work load any teacher does . They all need to put in the hard yards outside of school. And it sucks balls. Not many people realise! Class time essentially should be class time tho?

Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 05-11-2013 at 18:23.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

loveshack  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You don't understand why kids are tired in November?Really? And you've just completed a teaching degree? Sorry OP, I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now two things strike me from your posts a) completely over the top and a complete overreaction on your part, and b) you just don't know kids at all do you? Your child may be fine, but lots of kids are totally over school at this time of year. You will no doubt find out the hard way when you start working.

I don't understand how kids are tired etc. at this time of the year? It's the beginning of November and there's a month and a half of school to go. I'm totally okay with end of the year movie, concert, dance, etc. but at this time of the year giving report writing as the reason? Totally irresponsible...not only in teaching but any other profession.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (05-11-2013),Chippa  (05-11-2013),Jakois  (05-11-2013),majo  (05-11-2013),Mokeybear  (05-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-11-2013),Zombie_eyes  (05-11-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm not judging anyone but the fact is that she watched two movies during learning time because teachers had to work on their reports. No matter where I work and when and whichever sector is, I will not put on movies for kids just because I need to finish my reports. Never ever.
    I think you *are* judging others! It's great that you feel that way about yourself. Chances are though that you will do something in your teaching life you pledged never to do. I have. We don't know the circumstances that led to the events of the OP's situation, but I can think of half a dozen just off the top of my head.

I hope when you end up doing something in your job that you pledged you wouldn't that you are more forgiving of yourself. And that others are more forgiving of you.
    Last edited by harvs; 05-11-2013 at 18:44.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-11-2013),gizmoduckus  (05-11-2013),River Song  (05-11-2013),Stretched  (05-11-2013)