+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Family vent

If you have read my other vents you would know that I have a problem saying no meaning that if any of my family asks I will always do what I can to help. Well on Friday I separated the cartilage from my rib and was told to do as little as possible which wasn't a problem because DH doesn't work weekends. Fast forward to yesterday where I had to go back to the Dr after hurting myself again trying to catch bub from falling and coughing and I have now also got a cracked rib. Well this morning I have woken up in absolute agony and can barely get out of bed without nearly passing out from the pain. DH has offered to get home as soon as he can and offered to get hold of my sister which wouldn't bother me but yesterday when I asked her for help to get to the Dr she made it very clear that she would only help if DH couldn't get away from work and to only ask her as a last resort so I am hesitant about asking her again. Then last night my Mum who stays with us made it very clear she thinks I should just suck it up and get over it. I don't think they realise just how much pain I am in either that or don't care. It is to the point DH has sent me a message today that he will be looking for another job in another town because he doesn't see the point being here when we can't get help when needed yet am always helping then and would rather live somewhere where we won't get asked and have no one to ask and get disappointed by

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ouch!! You poor thing, that must be so painful! Your family sound very selfish and it seems they're used to taking advantage of you without having to give anything back. When you get better make sure you're 'busy' when they need help next time.

Look after yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats awful! I'd totally let rip on your mum and sister Unbelievable. How did you manage to do the injury anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's awful

Some people just take, take, take when they want or need help, yet can't fathom going out of their way for anyone else. It's very sad.

I think you need to start saying no to them more often. Being helpful to others is a wonderful quality, but it just seems like they take advantage of this and treat you like a doormat.

Sorry you are in such pain with so little help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    Thats awful! I'd totally let rip on your mum and sister Unbelievable. How did you manage to do the injury anyway?
    I twisted and bent the wrong way holding bub (who is a whopping 12kg) is what caused the cartilage and the Dr thinks the cracked rib may have been a combination of 3 things, me jarring to catch a toddling bub when he was a about to fall, coughing and DH squeezing me to tight when we were cuddling. None if which would normally cause a cracked rib but already being injured caused the area to weaken

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just so I have this straight. Your mother is staying with you and still refuses to help? If I have that right, id be asking her to leave. Sorry op. Thats just so godam rude.

My dh broke 2 ribs last year when he came off his motorbike he was stuffed for months. He couldnt even pull up his own pants without being in agony and other than pain meds you cant do anything for cracked ribs. I feel for you op. I think your family are scumbags. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Just so I have this straight. Your mother is staying with you and still refuses to help? If I have that right, id be asking her to leave. Sorry op. Thats just so godam rude.

My dh broke 2 ribs last year when he came off his motorbike he was stuffed for months. He couldnt even pull up his own pants without being in agony and other than pain meds you cant do anything for cracked ribs. I feel for you op. I think your family are scumbags. Sorry.

Yes my Mum stays but is a believer pain shouldn't stop people from doing things because she has lived with a twisted spine and has defied Drs by not being on a wheelchair by the age of 30, which is good for her but I am in serious pain and not as headstrong as her. I never expected her to help because the 2 weeks out of the month she is here she works 12 hrs a day but my sister is another story. She did come over to help for a hour and made a point of telling me over and over she had to cancel a appointment with her psychic to be here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cracked rib - broken rib. I would imagine similar pain.

I had a broken rib. Sure you can still do stuff. But to sick it up. I'd have a few words to your mother for sure. I could not move without pain and hardly slept.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    So your mums pretty much wonder women. I get it but your right, it shouldnt negate what your expiriencing. At least your sister did pull her head in a bit. But still it proberly wasnt worth it having to listen to the carry on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Loodle, how are you coping today? I'm sorry your family sucks xxx