+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Testing for NK cells - what do I need to ask for?

I am in the process of my 6th miscarriage and am feeling frustrated at the lack of answers into why this keeps happening. They are all very early losses not making past 6 weeks. I have been doing research and came across NK cells causing implantation issues. I don't think I have been tested for this yet. What test do I ask for? Does it cost money? What is the treatment for NK cells?
    I do have one healthy baby and was on a concoction of meds while pregnant, but the meds didn't work this time.
    Any info would be great
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherished, where are you located? It's probably worth going straight to a FS who specializes in this area, rather than GP. I have elevated NK cells so I can give you some names if you're in Melbourne, and I know of some in Sydney too.

There are also some other immune issues that you can have testing for too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a FS and have had so many tests done but everything keeps coming back clear :-/ Which is extremely frustrating. I think the only thing we haven't tested is NK cells, I suggested it before I fell pregnant with my baby but I never got the test done as we tried a concoction of meds on the next bfp and it worked, so never had the test done. After another early loss now I am starting to think maybe I should get tested for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh OK, we'll that's good. I've heard that some FS just don't really believe in immune issues but I think I've been lucky to find one who does. I guess you just need to straight out ask for the test or really push them to look for reasons for your recurrent miscarriages.

If they're not looking for causes then I'd be inclined to get a second opinion after what you've been through.

I can't imagine how you've gone through 6. You poor thing. I've had just one and it was so devastating.

The test I had for NK Cells was an endometrial biopsy and it had to be done on a specific cycle day. I think it was around day 20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you MrsErinR, could you tell me about the biopsy? How is it performed? Is it painful? I am waiting to hear from my FS as to what to do next. I never got a chance to ask him for the test at the last appointment as he discovered that I may have a partial septum and said no more TTC until after surgery But I still want the NK cell text to rule that out while I wait for surgery.