+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Im going out on a limb here DCM to say while it's a great idea for family I don't think it is for carers. Pesonally as a teacher I don't care about anything my DS hasn't made, it's cute cos it's his. I think non kiddy stuff is better, they do this kind of stuff with kids all the time.

*ducks for cover*
    You can come back out I appreciate your opinion and think it's correct.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow so many awesome ideas. I work in childcare and have only ever been given chocolates or home made treats which I love!! The water bottle and Dan Murphy voucher are great ideas also! Honestly doesn't matter what you spend its always appreciated!! Even a card with a candy cane and I'm stoked to know that parents appreciate all the hard work I do!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last yr i did a cookie mix in a jar with the instructions on a little tag.

This yr im thinking a dan murphys card is a great idea for DD's main teacher, not sure for the other teacher and two aide's though.
    Budget would be probably $20 for the main teacher and $15 for each of the others, at a stretch. Would prefer cheaper but being realistic.
    They have put in such a fight for my daughter this yr

Thanks
    Reviews
    The yr before I bought nice xmas deco's for the teachers/aides trees and had DD put her name on the back/bottom. That was pretty cheap, might do that again

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolier View Post
    I worked in child care for 6 years and I think the water bottle idea is awesome and would love that.

Other little things I appreciated that I received were movie tickets, new glass set and other nice things for my house, diary/planner, cool stationary set.

What I wasnt into- but was really thankful for the gift- was candles and soaps. Ended up having wayyyyy to many every year and still have them in my cupboard.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    When I get given heaps of soaps or whatever I put then in a basket in my guest bathroom and label them "guest toiletries" I also am one of those people that take all the hotel toiletries (tooth brushes, shaving cream, mini tooth paste, shampoo etc) and put them in the basket.
    It's been great if people ever forget their toiletries or if you have an unexpected guest.
    I pull it out and put it on the bathroom bench when people stay so they know they are welcome to use it.

Just an idea

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    #3 due 20/07/14

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've worked in childcare for many years, and I love getting chocolate! But always end up with way to much, my favourite presents have been Christmas tree decorations especially if they are personalized by your child, I love cards made by the children too, or with them signing their name, don't forget we love your children too!!!!
    All the other ideas people have mentioned have been great!
    But as a note don't forget the relief staff! Not just the educators in your child's room but the ones who cover breaks or rods they often get forgotten, and work just as hard!!
    Its just nice to be appreciated, makes my year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaitlyno2 For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    What? Confiscated? Where does it go?
    Yes, I work for council so it goes who knows where :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking about doing up Ice Cream hampers but am starting to question whether its a good gift to receive. Was going to put assorted lollies, sprinkles, toppings, waffles and cones.
    Any thoughts? :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Chanandler Bong For This Useful Post:

kriista  (15-11-2013),Pesca77  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has a new teacher each year so we always buy the same thing. I buy a personalised Christmas bauble with Ms Smith of the front and Love DS 2013 on the back. They are always so thankful when they receive them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing