+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    I got my teachers Dan Murphys vouchers......
    I would have loved that as a gift when I was working in CC!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Raising Leprechauns  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post
    Haha I am doing this! How much per voucher? (DD is 3.5yo and has AS, possibly OCD & ADD.. So I'm thinking 100 each?

We have similar issues fitchick (ADHD SPD and 2e). I got the teachers $100 and the TA $50. They well and truly earned a drink after 12 months with DD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have similar issues fitchick (ADHD SPD and 2e). I got the teachers $100 and the TA $50. They well and truly earned a drink after 12 months with DD!
    Oh my...there's no way I could afford $400 on gifts for his childcare staff! Perhaps if he was there full-time I'd consider it, but he's only been going 2 days a week. Now I feel cheap at $20 each? Am I?!

The voucher idea is really cool though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Raising Leprechauns, I think 100 may be out of my budget I think I'll wait & see how much my fees are reduced by when our government assistance payments are approved. I would have to buy for 4 & the director I think. I'm sure they'd appreciate anything. Do you think 40/50 each would be okay? They could pretty much have their pick for that don't know it's been a while since I hit the liquor shop I might stick up while I'm there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Oh my...there's no way I could afford $400 on gifts for his childcare staff! Perhaps if he was there full-time I'd consider it, but he's only been going 2 days a week. Now I feel cheap at $20 each? Am I?!

Yeah same, I'd love to but I'm now a single mum on one income & DDs medical bills are through the roof, and she's only there 2 days. But they do defiantly deserve a drink!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I must be cheap. Last year I have ds's family day carers (one day a week at one and twice a week at the other) cookies in a jar and a jar of homemade peppermint sugar scrub. Love the idea of a grog voucher (as not everyone drinks wine and has certain tastes in grog so buying a bottle of something might not work) though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post

$20 is my limit. I don't even spend $100 on some family members.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - I didnt mean to upset anyone - I was asked how much I spent and I just answered. I'd go and delete the figures - but everyone has quoted me now.
    We have had a really tough year with DD and the teacher has bent over backwards to help.

Give what you can afford! I got the voucher idea from a friend who is a teacher (and likes a drink ) who got a voucher from one of her students last year. She went and got a nice bottle of wine to wash all the chocolates down with. $20 is not cheap - nor is $10 or $5. Its the sentiment behind the gift - and putting some thought in to it.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

LadyInWeighting  (05-11-2013),Mummy Potato  (05-11-2013),PinkPopsicle  (05-11-2013),SAgirl  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I'm thinking about doing this, maybe.

http://www.thescrapshoppeblog.com/20...ments.html?m=1

To any carers/teachers would you appreciate this? Or is the water bottle idea more suited (which I may use as it is a really good idea)?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Im going out on a limb here DCM to say while it's a great idea for family I don't think it is for carers. Pesonally as a teacher I don't care about anything my DS hasn't made, it's cute cos it's his. I think non kiddy stuff is better, they do this kind of stuff with kids all the time.

*ducks for cover*

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (05-11-2013),LadyInWeighting  (05-11-2013),mrswhitehouse  (05-11-2013),tatia&shura  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give my children $20 each and take them to the shop and they buy what they think. Last year DD bought all different little things and I wasn't sure what she was doing but she made a little charm bracelet for her teacher and a few times this year I have spotted the teacher wearing it DS1 likes to put together gift sets and hampers with the biscuits and coffee or tea he sees his teacher preferring throughout the year and nice bathroom things

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (05-11-2013),Pesca77  (05-11-2013)