+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bed wetting 5 1/2yo

My dd is 5 1/2 still wets the bed but my 3yo dd2 is completely toilet trained! Dd tells me she just can't, if I give her one night out of pull ups, she wets the bed and her pull up is always wet! My mil & granny said not to push her she will grow out of it in her own time? Need some advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Please don't push it. Get her check out as there can be a medical reasons for bed wetting. My almost 14 ds still has issues his are medical but he will grow out of it.

After you had her checked you could try a bed wetting alarm.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have heard a number of things about bed wetting. One is that it can take up to seven years to develop bladder control. How is she managing to hold her bladder through the day. Can she last four or five hours without needing to wee. I think I would focus on the day times, and make sure she stops taking any fluids for about 2 hours before bedtime. How wet is the pullup?? I would think they would only stop minor leaks, not hold litres like a baby nappy does?? Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not hugely wet prob just one wee, my hubby brothers & sisters wet the bed till they were 12! I really didn't think about taking to see a dr! Maybe they can help! With the day time she is good! No trouble at all !

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your child health nurse might be able to help too. I think bed wetting is regarded as normal till 6 years old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as my 5 1/2 DD is the same, pull up for bed and 90% of the time it's wet, DS is 3 and completely toilet trained!
    I really thought it would be the other way around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Subbing as my 5 1/2 DD is the same, pull up for bed and 90% of the time it's wet, DS is 3 and completely toilet trained!
    I really thought it would be the other way around
    Yeh same! I've taken some advice with no drinks after 6, and make sure she does a wee before bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have had the same issue with DD1 who'll be 7 in feb. My 3&4 year old have been night time TT for over a year but she hasn't. She is also type 1 diabetic so we can sometimes put it down to that depending on levels.
    Anyway we decided she was never going to learn if we kept her in pull-ups so 3 weeks ago I said no more pull ups left her in undies. First night she wee'd, 2nd night she woke herself up at midnight and went to the toilet but still wet the bed in the morning, 3rd night she had mastered it, even heard her sneaking to the loo at 5am.
    I still put her on the toilet before I go to bed but we've only had 4 wet beds in 3 weeks but the last 2 were diabetes related due to high levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr can't really do much until they're 6 if its just a bed wetting problem. They will check tonsils etc as this can be a reason. I took my 5 year old a few weeks ago about the same thing. He advised to he pedantic about rewards chart and giving a small prize at the end of 7 dry nights. We've tried that, but i think he sleeps too deeply and cant control it. They can give them a nasal spray after 6 if there's no physical problem.