+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Completely agree with you @Lillynix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Punished? Really? If it was a real cigarette, then he wouldn't have been smoking in a non-smoking area, so why would he then, think it okay to smoke an "ecig" in a non-smoking area?
    Because an ecig is not a cigarette and has no smoke, so you aren;t actually smoking. It' be like fining someone pretending that their pen is a cigarette when they are trying to give up.

That is if the story is true. Not sure why he wouldn't have said it was an ecig straight up - sounds suss to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not a smoker but I have family members who are. The e-cig has been great in helping them quit and there is no risk to my health if I am next them when they are having one.

I don't think it's their responsibility to set an example for other people's children, what of alcohol then? It causes many many more social issues within the community such as physical and verbal abuse and it's everywhere. Australia has a drinking culture and just to note the number of smokers in this country is falling by the year. I don't agree this man should have been fined for smoking. He was inhaling water vapor, good on him for trying to quit. I think the judge was using him for future fines and revenue raising.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-01-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Koarlo View Post
    I am not a smoker but I have family members who are. The e-cig has been great in helping them quit and there is no risk to my health if I am next them when they are having one.

I don't think it's their responsibility to set an example for other people's children, what of alcohol then? It causes many many more social issues within the community such as physical and verbal abuse and it's everywhere. Australia has a drinking culture and just to note the number of smokers in this country is falling by the year. I don't agree this man should have been fined for smoking. He was inhaling water vapor, good on him for trying to quit. I think the judge was using him for future fines and revenue raising.

Aren't there laws surrounding where you can drink alcohol as well though? You can't just crack a beer on the train platform..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can you crack a non alcoholic beer though? I'd be interested to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Aren't there laws surrounding where you can drink alcohol as well though? You can't just crack a beer on the train platform..

Thanks
    Reviews
    But does that mean that I have to sit opposite a work colleague while they puff away on an ecig? Or tolerate them while I try to have a conversation with someone while they 'smoke'.

They ate going to become as annoying a mobile phones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Of course there are, my point was in relation to the 'setting a standard' comment on what is and isn't socially acceptable. I was trying to point out that the same could be said of alcohol. And yes, what if it was a non a alcoholic beer they were drinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Random story which is kind of off topic but I was fined for drinking water public when I was young and In a bad place.

It was about 2 am and I was in the local park/bush area with friends but I was drinking a Fanta from the bottle. Only just bought it across the road at a petrol station but apparently I police could smell "alot of vodka mixed in with this"

Sorry for getting off topic. Lol.

I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food...