+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For this bubs, who is due in 7wks, i have:
    Cot ($150 @ Aldi)
    Anglecare monitor
    Strider 3 with bassinet atatchment (very cheap 2nd hand)
    Bassinet ($50 2nd hand, eco tasman mesh kind)
    Bounder (free)
    Swing (Free)
    Change table ($5 from the op shop and repainted)
    Change mat
    Draws for her clothes (already had)
    Feeding chair ($10 from op shop and had a friend recover the foam)
    Play mat (Free)
    Modern Cloth Nappies (All bought 2nd hand)
    Clothes (lots gifted to me, almost all of the rest bought 2nd hand)
    Cot linen set (bought 2nd hand)
    Avent Electric steriliser (Op shop $4!)
    Some avent bottles (bought on clearance)
    Ergo carrier (bought new but on sale)
    Breast feeding pillow (2nd hand)
    Washable breast pads (bought on clearance)
    Convertable car seat 0-8yrs (gift from my parents)
    New cot mattresss (Gift from my parents)
    Hi-Lo high chair (gift from my parents)
    Fisher price nappy bag (2nd hand)

Its not hard to find 2nd hand (as new) baby items on facebook, ebay, gumtree etc. I made the decision to do this on a budget as this is my last bub (after a 7yr gap, so i'd already gotten rid of all my baby gear!).
    A lot of that stuff isnt NEEDED but if it was given to me or a fraction of the cost, of course I grabbed it lol.
    I was gifted a lot of wraps, clothes, baby wipes, baby wash etc at my baby shower, so im pretty set until bubs is at least a few weeks old.
    Last edited by galoomp; 06-11-2013 at 08:41.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For this bub due in 2 weeks I have:

- cot (free, was once my brother's)
    - cot mattress (new- $150)
    - pram (my parents bought it for us, $320 baby jogger city mini)
    - bouncer (gift)
    - carriers (a lot of woven wraps, a ring sling and an ergo)
    - chest of drawers that I put a change mat on
    - cloth nappies and cloth wipes (assorted brands, sizes etc til we can figure out what works for him)
    - bassinet (he will probably cosleep/bed share with us for a while)
    - lots of muslin wraps/blankets (mostly gifts)
    - lots of singlets, onesies
    - play mat (gift)
    - breast pump and accessories (gift)
    - baby bath (gift, will probably just bring him in shower/bath with us.
    - terry cloth nappies for wiping up spews etc
    - car seat (new)

We don't have a monitor because we have a small house and bub will be in with us anyway.

We don't have a swing but my mum found one in a council clean up for her house that we can take if want.

I've been a nanny and seen so much useless crap that's been brand new and never used because it's impractical.

I don't like travel systems but others love them. Personally I prefer to carry babies in a wrap for convenience and comfort so I expect the pram will probably be used more for long walks/grandparents etc.

I never used change tables so we bought drawers instead so that others had the height if they need it but I will probably change on bed/floor/couch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    The other thing you could do is set aside some money each pay so you have the money there when you're ready to shop. What if you ended up with twins or triplets? It would be more of a hassle to have to take things back and swap if that were the case. You then won't have loads of stuff sitting around the house while you TTC. Plus if you put it in a high interest account you could be earning on the money you're saving until you're ready to buy!
    I agree and seeing as you live with your mil at least you wont have to hide anything. Your tastes might change too

♥ me & he = ds 17/9/13 ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was thinking I will get a wardrobe organiser so I could put clothes in that as I found a change table for $125 and it's cheaper than drawers that I've seen. My partner is not for babywearing so we won't be using any wraps or carriers etc but his mind may change when his arms go numb I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LamaBana82 View Post
    I agree and seeing as you live with your mil at least you wont have to hide anything. Your tastes might change too

♥ me & he = ds 17/9/13 ♥
    Haha my partner is pretty funny and gets all paranoid if there's a parcel that comes for me and it has the word "baby" on it in case she sees, or if I have a layby he tells me to be careful lol like the docket will end up outside of my bedside table.
    I wouldn't tell her just yet either because she will tell the family and they're all pretty opinionated ( did I say pretty I mean over the top! Lol) so for now "mums the word" so to speak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    I was thinking I will get a wardrobe organiser so I could put clothes in that as I found a change table for $125 and it's cheaper than drawers that I've seen. My partner is not for babywearing so we won't be using any wraps or carriers etc but his mind may change when his arms go numb I don't know.
    My DH very rarely uses the manduca, will occasionally if he takes bub and dog for a walk. I however found them great. I don't use carriers as much as some people but I love them when I do. We walked all round the zoo with DS in it, used the ring sling heaps when DS was little just to have him close and be able to do things. Especially good if you have a baby who only wants to sleep on you.

Our pram isn't an off road one so we use the carrier of going somewhere with unpredictable terrain. Also FANTASTIC for expos/shows etc. anywhere crowded.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Craftymamabris  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    My DH very rarely uses the manduca, will occasionally if he takes bub and dog for a walk. I however found them great. I don't use carriers as much as some people but I love them when I do. We walked all round the zoo with DS in it, used the ring sling heaps when DS was little just to have him close and be able to do things. Especially good if you have a baby who only wants to sleep on you.

Our pram isn't an off road one so we use the carrier of going somewhere with unpredictable terrain. Also FANTASTIC for expos/shows etc. anywhere crowded.
    Omg don't even remind me of crowded areas with heaps of prams etc deary me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    I didn't know they offered classes to prepare for breastfeeding that's pretty good to know I've seen a few for after you have a bub and if you're having difficulties but a class that helps in the first place is right up my alley.
    Take a look here when you are ready https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/classes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Craftymamabris  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Take a look here when you are ready https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/classes
    I will and thank you so much!!!