+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    213
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And thanks ladies. It's so good to be able to ask my silly questions and keep my plans secret.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some money saving tips, check facebook for local buy, swap and sell pages. You can get a heap of second hand things cheap which are in very good condition because babies don't use them for very long. I know there are facebook groups for carriers and modern cloth nappies. Another thing I do is cloth wipes. I got a pack of cheap thin face washers from target and I just wet them with water and when used, throw in the nappy bucket with my cloth nappies and wash them together. I have bought one of those hard plastic huggies wipes containers folded the washers in half and stacked them in the container then wet the lot.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

    Craftymamabris  (05-11-2013)

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    612
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked
    271
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought a really good cot on gumtree - $75 and the seller threw in a portacot just cause

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked
    101
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with checking out the local buy swap and sell pages on facebook. I still use these pages and local second hand markets and I get comments all the time on my girls clothing that they always look really good- most of the time I paid $2 each of the items of clothing (and most are pumpkin patch, etc that are perfect condition)

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolier For This Useful Post:

    Craftymamabris  (05-11-2013)

  7. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    213
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Some money saving tips, check facebook for local buy, swap and sell pages. You can get a heap of second hand things cheap which are in very good condition because babies don't use them for very long. I know there are facebook groups for carriers and modern cloth nappies. Another thing I do is cloth wipes. I got a pack of cheap thin face washers from target and I just wet them with water and when used, throw in the nappy bucket with my cloth nappies and wash them together. I have bought one of those hard plastic huggies wipes containers folded the washers in half and stacked them in the container then wet the lot.
    I got some cloth wipes from Itti Bitti and wow they are so soft. So I will use then, what's a bit more poo and wee?and if I can save money well that's an extra bonus

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    213
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolier View Post
    Agree with checking out the local buy swap and sell pages on facebook. I still use these pages and local second hand markets and I get comments all the time on my girls clothing that they always look really good- most of the time I paid $2 each of the items of clothing (and most are pumpkin patch, etc that are perfect condition)

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I have got heaps of clothes off eBay actually for insane prices but have since passed them on because I needed room for bigger stuff. Wondersuits for $3, can't go wrong

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,755
    Thanks
    1,205
    Thanked
    2,112
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    eBay is great for cheap clothes. I'll be putting heaps on there next winter. I planned for a big baby... So had heaps of warmer clothes in 0000 and 000... But had a prem so never used my winter clothes in those sizes! So I have heaps to go that are brand new. I have picked up heaps for DD this way too, new or near as new stuff for so cheap!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

    Craftymamabris  (06-11-2013)

  11. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,491
    Thanks
    3,580
    Thanked
    838
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would recommend buying a new car seat. Go for a convertible one that will go from 0-4 years. If you are planning more kids or have a small car, look for slimline ones. The Infa Secure Kompressor is great, and there are often sales you can watch out for.

    An ABA breastfeeding class is money well spent. Can really help you prepare for breastfeeding, and give you somewhere you can ask all your questions.

    My first two never used the cot, and i'm not bothering to get one for #3. I love my amby hammock though, and then cosleep or baby goes into their own bed.

    A carrier is a great investment. New or secondhand, just make sure they are authentic and not dodgy copies (there are lots of dodgy Ergo's on ebay).

    Have a look at your friend's and family, if they have kids who will be growing out of stuff/equipment they may be looking for someone to pass them on to.

    don't buy too many clothes 'for the next season', cos you don't know what size baby will be in. My LO was in size 1 for ever, and then kinda skipped size 2 cos she had a massive growth spurt. Even more applicable with littlies.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

    Craftymamabris  (06-11-2013)

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    213
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    I would recommend buying a new car seat. Go for a convertible one that will go from 0-4 years. If you are planning more kids or have a small car, look for slimline ones. The Infa Secure Kompressor is great, and there are often sales you can watch out for.

    An ABA breastfeeding class is money well spent. Can really help you prepare for breastfeeding, and give you somewhere you can ask all your questions.

    My first two never used the cot, and i'm not bothering to get one for #3. I love my amby hammock though, and then cosleep or baby goes into their own bed.

    A carrier is a great investment. New or secondhand, just make sure they are authentic and not dodgy copies (there are lots of dodgy Ergo's on ebay).

    Have a look at your friend's and family, if they have kids who will be growing out of stuff/equipment they may be looking for someone to pass them on to.

    don't buy too many clothes 'for the next season', cos you don't know what size baby will be in. My LO was in size 1 for ever, and then kinda skipped size 2 cos she had a massive growth spurt. Even more applicable with littlies.
    I didn't know they offered classes to prepare for breastfeeding that's pretty good to know I've seen a few for after you have a bub and if you're having difficulties but a class that helps in the first place is right up my alley.

  14. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you are going to spend now I would recommend buying a good carrier. Baby bjorns and similar are often not comfortable for very long and so you don't get much use. If you do a bit of research and look for a babywearing meet in your area you will end up with something that you can comfortably wear well into toddlerhood (and beyond if you wish). Plus good carriers can be sold for basically the price you bought it if you look after it. I personally recommend hug-a-bub for newborns and a mei tai or half buckle for older.


 

Similar Threads

  1. When to buy baby items
    By springrose in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 11:37
  2. Must have baby items
    By Clementine Grace in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 21:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!