+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Posterior position

Hi everyone,
    I had my 36 week midwife appt on Friday & she told me bub is in a posterior position. This is my first so I'm a little concerned after reading up about the struggles it can cause during labour. The MW gave me a few exercises to do to try & turn bub but I'm worried it won't turn. Has anyone experienced something similar & did you have any issues during labour?

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try not to stress too much there is every chance that bubs will move before you go into labor. I would suggest checking out the spinning babies website, I found this helpful when my bub was transverse

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Katho  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried everything on spinning babies but it didnt work. I went into labour and ds was still posterior, so I did have alot of back pain (not that I have anything else to compare it to as dd was born by c/sec!)

My waters broke when I was in the birthing bath and that finally allowed him to move down and turn so he wasnt born posterior. I was well and truly in established labour by that point.

I was so worried leading up but honestly you just have to believe in yourself. Get your hands on birth skills by juju sundin if you havent already. .. it wont help for posterior bub but will give you some confidence for labour & birthing.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

Katho  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I birthed 2 backwards bubs and managed alright. yes there are exercises you can do to try and turn them but they didnt work for me either time.

Not that i ahve anything to compare it to but i had terrible back pain during both labours (i was told due to posterior position).

You'll be fine, your body will take over and do what it needs to do.
    I really wish these ultrasound people would shut the hell up towards the end of the pregnancy unless there is a REAL problem!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    if your placenta is anterior, it is more likely that bub will be posterior because they like to face the placenta.

Keep mobile during labour, and listen to how your body wants to move. This will help baby to make the moves he needs to.

Some people find posterior labour harder, but not every woman does, so try not to stress too much.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Katho  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't told until I was in labour that bubs was posterior, they manually turned him around (they had to put their arm up there). But he turned straight back around. I did find it difficult, having said that I've never had a non posterior so I can't compare. I have an anterior placenta.

Try not to worry now though, as pps have mentioned, things can change. Not every woman has a harder time with it, and bubs may right itself before then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was posterior - I tried all the exercises but he didn't move before labour. He did turn during labour though and presented normally. As he is my first I'm not sure if it was more painful or if labour was longer than usual.

Best wishes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2 was ROL-ROP and I felt her turn as she was coming down during 2nd stage. I had a 2 hour induced labour that I spent most of rocking on a fit ball. I can honestly say it wasn't any worse than my first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For my second pregnancy I didnt know bub was posterior until the internal- I had had bad back pain during labour but it was bearable. 30 mins after she did the internal I had my bub - turns out she turned as she was coming out. The back pain was bad but I found the shower with the water on my back worked wonders

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I do feel slightly better about it. Will just take things as they come & hopefully all works out well