+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like adeline, that's the top girl name in my list except I use the spelling Adelyn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like Adeline too sweet name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Adeline. It's beautiful. I am a teacher - have taught 3 Ava's in the past 3 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lot of people have said they're concerned about how common Ava is, which is my main concern with the name, too. I'm a teacher and in my grade, I have three Chloes and two Jacksons!!! I haven't come across any Avas yet, but I know it will irk me if my daughter had to be referred to in class as "Ava M." I think I may have to take this one off the list.
    It's got to be out of Elsie or Adeline. Has anyone else waited until bubs was born before making the final decision?
    Also if you went with Elsie or Adeline, what would you choose as a middle name? At the moment I like Grace (common I know, but I don't mind because it's a middle name) as well as Violet (this is cute because violets are the flower of February, when she's due). We don't want to name her after anyone in our family, just something that sounds beautiful. Also, our last name begins with an "M" and has two syllables.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I like adeline- it was on my list but dp said no. Instead we went with Ava and I love it, regardless of whether or not there are lots of others out there.

As for a middle name, we want with my nanas name which coincidentally is grace. Great choice and you can't go wrong with it really!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Elsie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMM83 View Post
    Has anyone else waited until bubs was born before making the final decision?
    Yes we did with DS & will do it with this bub to. We shortlist down to 2 or 3 names and then take a little time with bubs to see which name best suits them.

Both your middle name picks are pretty. I like Adeline Grace the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go with Ada as a stand alone name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, I've come up with a couple more options since receiving some more feedback. What are people's thoughts on Ada or Adele? Is Ada better than Ava because it's much less common? Does it hold the same appeal for you as Ava does? Is Adele an easier to spell, easier to pronounce alternative to Adeline? I'd really appreciate any more thoughts you guys have

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer Ava over Ada, and I really like Adele. It is nicer than Adeline in my opinion.
    Elsie, is super cute. Aster, Alice and Elsa are some other suggestions.
    I love the middle names Grace and Violet.