+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving house, 1st birthday next month - what do I do???

Okay so at the moment, I'm in the process of moving house. We have until the end of November to move out of our rental as its been sold by our landlord. We haven't been accepted yet but have applications in with many places, one of them is even within our current real estate! I've been doing the math and it's looking like we'd be moving between November 14th and 20th.
    Anyway my daughter's 1st birthday is on December 10th so there's going to be a real panic and rush to have everything set up and immaculately clean as we really wanted an at-home birthday.

Should I have her birthday the following weekend? Should I not have it at home? What should I do about invitations? Should I send out save-the-dates instead...? Please help! First birthdays mean so much in my family and I can't stand not being prepared lol thank you so much for any help you can give and I'm sorry this was so long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could you have it in a local park? That way you can start planning now? Or could your parents or in laws have it if you supply the food?

We had our DS 1st birthday at my inlaws as our backyard was being renovated and that worked well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Hmm.. moving is stressful enough without having to worry about something else.
    Could you potentially organise to have it at your parents place or similar?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you've answered a lot of your own questions, and even though you feel overwhelmed, you know what you're doing.

If you have your heart set on an at-home party, stick with that. You'll only get one first birthday and it sounds to me like you're the sort of person that likes to plan and get things right. But maybe don't put quite so much pressure on yourself. Go with your other ideas to make it a bit easier. Having it the following weekend and sending save the date cards instead of invites both sound like a good plan to me.

Have a great party!