+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Capsule v car seat

I have brought a car seat for new born to toddler but I am. Now thinking I want a capsule instead so if bub is asleep I can just unclip the capsule and carry that.
    What is other people option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I hated my capsule but I know they work for a lot of people. I found it a pain to get in an out of the car and I ended up using the basinet attachment in the pram over the capsule... So defeated the purpose for me.

Babies also can't stay in them for too long (my pediatrician said 2-3 hours) because it's bad for their neck, which is hard if you have a full day planned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a convertible car seat and find it works great. I found with my first and now my newborn that transferring them from the car to a sleeping place inside wasnt hard as they would rarely wake when moved so I wouldnt be worried about it too much.

Also if you get a capsule just be careful how much time they spend in it due to potential neck problems and getting a flat head (it can be caused by spending too much time in things like capsules, prams etc)

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my capsule. Meant that I didn't have to wake bub up to do cc drop off I could just as easily run really quick errands for hubby. When I went to the shopping centre or supermarket I used the pram to give him a chance to stretch out. It was also good when visiting - I could carry him inside in it and it rocked a little so if he hadn't finished sleeping I could get him to sleep a bit more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a capsual for ds on hire from the ambulance service. It was good for alot of reason as mentioned above but not so for others. Whilst he was happily snuggled up and un disturbed if we went to the shops etc. it was heavy and bulky and a pain to carry from point a to b especially as I had a CSection and couldn't lift it easily for some time. it was also not that easy to click in and out and tighten the straps etc.

I haven't got one this time for dd. just the usual rear facing car seat. I find she often isn't disturbed or settles back to sleep once she is in the pram etc. also alot easier to click her into than the capsual. And we don't have to worry about buying a whole extra car seat in a few months or changing how our pram works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Loved my capsule for both babies. I had one that clicked onto my pram so only had to lug it from car to house and vice versa.

Like others have said it was great so you didn't have to disturb bub if they fell asleep in the car.

They are heavy and awkward to carry (which is why I got one that worked with my pram) but I had a c section both times and still managed to lift/carry it without too much discomfort.
    Another down side for me is that my boys grew out of it very quickly so I only got to use it for about 4 months each time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I love my capsule, it is so convenient now DS3 doesnt scream every time he is in it lol.

Im so sad he will be out of it soon, it makes life so much easier.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Capsule for us too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my capsule but my boy was big and he didn't fit in it comfortably for very long and we ended up upgrading to a car seat... On retrospect I wish we hadnt bothered with the capsule as we only used it for a few months abs it's just sitting here correcting dust.... I loved my bassinet attachment.... Money well spent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Honestly, I hated my capsule but I know they work for a lot of people. I found it a pain to get in an out of the car and I ended up using the basinet attachment in the pram over the capsule... So defeated the purpose for me.

Babies also can't stay in them for too long (my pediatrician said 2-3 hours) because it's bad for their neck, which is hard if you have a full day planned.
    This was my situation too.
    Dd soon learnt to go back to sleep when she got out of the car and into the bassinet. I got rid of my capsule after dd because it was that pointless.

ETA our capsule did clip onto our pram, but it was still more hassle than itnwas worth.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 02-11-2013 at 17:44.