+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I am the primary care giver for ds. I do all the night feeds as am bf. I do 90% of cooking, cleaning, washing etc during the week, do helps on the weekends. He does most of the yard work as it is easier for me not to get too messy with ds being demand feed mostly. This works now but will have to change when I eventually go back to work.

♥ me & he = ds 17/9/13 ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment we both study and work part time. I work 2 days a week, dh works around 3 nights a week.

I am home on my own with the kids only 1 day a week, dh is home on his own with them 2 days. When we are both home we share care. Sometimes i give him a choice eg "do u want to change nappies or bring in the washing". Obviously when hes working I do the bath & bed routine on my own. When he is here I usually put the kids in the bath, then one of us gets dd out and dressed the other sits with ds a bit longer.

Housework I do most of it, but I am getting better at delegating. Days he is home I have to remind him to wash the bottles (rather than let them pile up for me!!) And I also get him to do a load of washing. I do the kitchen every night, the bathroom 1 night a week when the kids are in the bath then a proper clean on the weekend. I sweep the living area most nights once the kids are in bed. Turn the dishwasher on after dinner unstack it in the morning. Im never on top of washing anymore!

I get frustrated that dh still doesnt show initiative and help me, but I have learnt to just suck it up and tell him exactly what needs doing so it gets done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment we both study and work part time. I work 2 days a week, dh works around 3 nights a week.

I am home on my own with the kids only 1 day a week, dh is home on his own with them 2 days. When we are both home we share care. Sometimes i give him a choice eg "do u want to change nappies or bring in the washing".p Obviously when hes working I do the bath & bed routine on my own. When he is here I usually put the kids in the bath, then one of us gets dd out and dressed the other sits with ds a bit longer.

Housework I do most of it, but I am getting better at delegating. Days he is home I have to remind him to wash the bottles (rather than let them pile up for me!!) And I also get him to do a load of washing. I do the kitchen every night, the bathroom 1 night a week when the kids are in the bath then a proper clean on the weekend. I sweep the living area most nights once the kids are in bed. Turn the dishwasher on after dinner unstack it in the morning. Im never on top of washing anymore!

I get frustrated that dh still doesnt show initiative and help me, but I have learnt to just suck it up and tell him exactly what needs doing so it gets done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH works away for 4 weeks and is home for 1 so I am basically raising our kids by myself at the moment. When he is home I don't like to ask to much of him as I would rather spend time as a family or for him to enjoy the kids. When he has longer breaks though he does 70% of the kids stuff eg brekkie, showers, outings etc and I do more the house stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Yes, fleetwood at times I feel like I would be better off as a single parent. It is hard feeling like I have two children .
    Be careful what you wish for OP! I used to think & say that when annoyed with exDH, until I became a single parent, ha! It's a lot different to what you assume when partnered. As a SP of a young baby, you NEVER get a break and all the housework/yard work falls on your shoulders. As frustrating as your DH may be, at least he does help out when asked.

When I was still with exDH & both working, I did the majority of housework and he yard work. He would help out with hanging washing. I also did most cooking. I worked 2 days from home though so was happy to do most chores to keep our weekends free.

When I went on mat leave, I still did all housework, cooking and even some yard work got done at nap times. As hard work as being a mum is, I still believe whoever is home does the majority.

You need to chat to your DH and set some ground rules for when you return to work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I am one half of a co-parenting team. Hubby and I both work full time and we split daycare drop off and chores 50-50. That being said I tend to navigate towards ironing, finances, groceries, and doing a quick tidy up in the evening. Cooking and washing is more hubby's forte. We get a cleaner in to help.

When I was on mat leave I did more of the housework (cooking, cleaning etc). But hubby helped when he was home and our free time was split 50-50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I work maybe 10-12 hours a week and DH 6 days, I do all inside cleaning, cooking and washing and take care of dog and DH does garbage, yard ( we have a big back yard ) pool and cars but like pp I much prefer him to spend time with DS in the evening when he gets home and I have plenty of time to do the rest , he wakes up with DS most mornings and gets his breakfast and I get to sleep in until he leaves for work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a domestic goddess

I am on leave and I do EVERTHING, always have, even when working full time and pregnant. I'm not exaggerating. Cleaning, cooking, bins (even took the bins down our long steep driveway when I was heavily pregnant, the neighbours couldn't believe DH wasn't helping),

changing light bulbs and washers (he doesn't even know how), yard maintenance, all aspects of dd's care.

He's sitting there atm in bed playing play station whilst I've just finished hanging out the washing and swept the courtyard.

I stopped asking for help a long time ago, as it made me sound like my mum

When I return to work 3 days a week it won't change either. I'm superwoman!!!

Edit: I even manage our finances and pay the bills, he wouldn't have a fricken clue what things cost. He would be up s..t creek without me!

I don't really mind either tbh I can't remember what it's like to not be busy, I can't sit still and watch tv or read a newspaper any more
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 03-11-2013 at 08:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a single parent, work full time and do everything (with the help of a cleaner once a fortnight). Although I sometimes wish someone else would do the dishes for a change, I quite like it this way.

Op, if your husband does what you ask without complaining, I'd consider that a win.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what my "role" is as such. I'm a SAHM and when DH gets home from work he does the kids' bedtime routine while I clear away dishes etc. We both sit down at the same time each night. Weekends are pretty balanced. He does most of the nappy changes and washing, I do other chores and cooking. He's the main breadwinner.