+ Reply to Thread
    finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I was having twins

After my huge surprise BFP I was nervously excited to be having another baby. I am currently 39 and my employment situation wasn't stable enough for us to be actively TTC so our little 'whoopsie' was quite difficult to come to terms with but DH and I are really excited about giving our DS a brother or sister.

i had my 12 week scan yesterday and although there is one healthy, energetic baby there, I was also told about the other empty amniotic sack that should have been nurturing my second baby. It appears that twin number 2 died at about 8 weeks. I didn't even know I was having twins... I had no bleeding to I dictate the loss of a pregnancy and I've been so fortunate to have never, until now, experienced the pain of a miscarriage.

It's been 24 hours since my scan and I'm still feeling quite numbed. I feel so guilty that I am grieving so strongly over the loss of my precious twin #2 and cannot enjoy and rejoice in the fact that twin #1 is healthy and strong.

Has anyone here had this kind of experience? When does the pain of losing one twin pass so that I can celebrate the impending arrival of my remaining twin? Is there ever a time that I will be able to look at my beautiful child and not think of the one who should be playing beside them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't but hugs to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Not quite the same, but I had two sacs at my 8wk scan. Only one contained a baby. The way i felt about it is very different to you. How you are feeling is totally understandable. There is no right amount of time to grieve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I couldn't not reply to this. I am so sorry you are going through this. My story is that I found out in August 2011 that I was going to become the mum of twins. OMG, my world turned upside down and then the excitement and planning began. I had everything picked out that we would need etc. Come mid November 2011 I went for a scan to be told those devastating words "I am so sorry, there is no heartbeat for twin b". My world came crashing down. I was 19 weeks. In answer to your question I don't think you ever stop thinking about the fact that you had twins. Not a day goes by that I don't think about our 'angel' and look at our surviving twin and think of what if's and so on. The rest of my pregnancy was awful as I carried our dead baby for the remainder of the pregnancy, so saw her at every scan. I guess what I really want to say is that you are not alone and I am so sorry you find yourself here. I hope you find peace with it. My mantra is that I am very lucky to have not lost both. Huge hugs to you. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes I had a twin died at 7 weeks. . I had a bleed that put the surviving twin at risk. I had 2 ultrasounds in the following 2 weeks to check on the surviving twin. She just turned 10 a few days ago. She knows that she had a twin. I still think about that baby sometimes especially around her birthday. The pain has lesson somewhat but it never goes away completely.
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to us....I had an early scan for my last pregnancy at 9 weeks because I was really sick....there were 2 sacs, one with dd in and an empty one....I was so heart broken because I had lost a baby that I will never know but at the same time I was so grateful dd was still alive and well....dd is now 3 months old and I can't help to think that there was going to be two babies with me now. I'm so sorry op it's tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grubby, I could have written your post. Almost identical to me.

Finallyready, everything you are feeling is normal.
    I'm so sorry for you. 3 years on and I think about my little angel baby daily.

I just had a girl and she looks just like ds.. I often wonder what my angel would have looked like!

Big hugs and you are so blessed to have one bubba!!!