Closed Thread
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was reading on here a week or 2 ago about ladies experiencing PND, it's made me think about whether there's such thing as Pre natal depression? Or am I just being hormonal? I thought being pregnant I would be ecstatic & happy all the time... But I'm not ... Most of the time I'm feeling down & on the verge of tears & I feel like my husband doesn't care is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

I'm very excited that hubby and I are due with our very first baby in August this year! We have our 12 week scan next week and I can't wait to see bub again and see how much they have changed.

Congratulations to everyone here. I look forward to reading your stories. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeQ View Post
    I was reading on here a week or 2 ago about ladies experiencing PND, it's made me think about whether there's such thing as Pre natal depression? Or am I just being hormonal? I thought being pregnant I would be ecstatic & happy all the time... But I'm not ... Most of the time I'm feeling down & on the verge of tears & I feel like my husband doesn't care is this normal?
    I've been wondering the EXACT same thing lately. I'm thinking and hoping it's because it's so overwhelming (especially since everyone knows now) but I've been feeling like a horrible person even after the whole journey with IVF etc I sometimes get scared of all the things in life that will be so much more different now we have a baby.

I'm hoping it's all hormonal which makes sense as our bodies are producing a lot of them but either way, you're not alone! I feel down too which is a bad circle cos then I feel terrible for feeling the day I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, Still lurking. As someone who has suffered depression (and is currently dealing with another bout post-miscarriage) I can tell you that I did read up on this as I am in a high-risk group for PND. Prenatal depression is also a thing to watch out for - especially in those who already have depressive tendencies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenatal_depression

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawly For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeQ View Post
    @AngeQ please don't ignore those feelings. Antenatal depression is definitely real. Going through everything we go through with IVF, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be 'happy' and feel we don't deserve to have negative feelings about the pregnancy/parenthood. I think it's a huge adjustment to go from a grueling TTC journey to impending parenthood, it's understandable that you would be feeling anxious.
    Look up PANDA - its an organization for Post & Ante-Natal Depression. I'm sure they'll have some useful info. I also recommend talking to someone - maybe ask your IVF clinic about whether their counsellor is available for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I told the midwife at the hospital on Friday that I was feeling anxious but didn't tell her that I cry every day or anything in depth but I think she may have picked up something coz she said she would get the social worker to touch base with me soon to talk about the anxiety & any other issues... Definately thinking now after reading the material that counselling could be a go, plus I really don't want it to carry on to after baby's born! Thanks again xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AngeQ For This Useful Post:

Cue  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJude View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I'm very excited that hubby and I are due with our very first baby in August this year! We have our 12 week scan next week and I can't wait to see bub again and see how much they have changed.

Congratulations to everyone here. I look forward to reading your stories. xxx
    Sorry missjude I missed your post! Congratulations & welcome!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissJude - congrats hun!!!

Ange - I would talk to someone you feel comfortable with, especially if you are worried. It's completely normal to have hormonal days where you have a good ole cry at the kleenex ad or silly thins that normally wouldn't make you cry / be more sensitive than usual. But I think if you are feeling rather anxious and crying every day, it couldn't hurt to have a chat to someone and be completely honest about what you are feeling / doing on a daily basis.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jb2011 I'm not too sure on what happens next. The nurse from the Fertility Centre said it will just dissolve into me and the healthy baby in time. I will be able to find out more on Thursday when I see my OB for the first time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Thort id add mi bit

EDD 27th July 2014

H