Closed Thread
Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzie1976 View Post
    Great bump JB!! Growing nicely!!!

Just to all those finding out what they are having? We are finding out at the 20 week scan, has everyone been able to find out earlier? I didn;t think you could tell until the 20 week scan so didn' even bother asking Thursday at our 12 week scan?
    You have a few in QLD if that's where you live I just checked your profile.

http://www.preciouspreviews.com.au/

https://www.miracleme.com.au

But not sure if thy are like the perth one and advertise finding out the gender. E.g the package I bought was photos DVD and gender included so it was part of the package and they say from 14 wks not a day earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the harmony blood tests done at exactly 10 weeks and takes about 10 days to get the results. As it tests chromosomes it is 99.9% accurate for gender results. My OB and monash ultrasound said they could give me the results straight away. It's also published in the brochure, so unless it's a WA law only?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    I had the harmony blood tests done at exactly 10 weeks and takes about 10 days to get the results. As it tests chromosomes it is 99.9% accurate for gender results. My OB and monash ultrasound said they could give me the results straight away. It's also published in the brochure, so unless it's a WA law only?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I know SoReady exactly! No he said illegal in Australia so I couldn't be bothered arguing plus being low risk he told me not to do the test in the end.
    He said because mothers terminate their children because of gender so it was illegal here in AUS.

I thought of mentioning you but then what do I say. My cyber friend SoReady whom I haven't met but talk to often had it done and she got the results hahahah
    So why can't I?

Thank god I know the gender now though as I was going nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH wants to keep the gender a secret but I keep referring to HER and SHE dam I'm bad at keeping my own secrets!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Hey Cue are you guys stopping after this one or going again?
    Well that really depends who you ask! At this point I'm thinking 2 is enough, I'm not keen on doing IVF again and I also think 2 is a good manageable number for us. However, we do have 1 frozen embryo and DH is keen to use it and "see what happens". I don't think I could do that unless I was 100% committed to the idea of having a third baby, so I would probably not stop there if it didn't work. So I'm thinking we won't use it, but who knows! We'll wait until this baby is at least 1yo before thinking about it.

What about you? Are you planning to have more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well because I have so many embryos I feel it's meant to be for us to go at least one more after this one. Although .....I can't even cope with one, am freaking out at the thought of two so whether I am sane enough to go 3 or 4 who knows haha!
    I find it such hard work. I love it but it can be so hard at times. DH does nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel, I find it tough too. I really struggled in the beginning and while I'm excited to welcome this baby, I am also terrified. I have my PND counsellor on stand-by though! I saw her a few times during IVF and will see her again towards the end of the pregnancy to help prepare. I'll also see the lactation consultant before the birth so I can run through my options again and get the support ready, just in case.

Why doesn't your DH help? Are you worried he won't be supportive when this bub arrives?

My DH is generally pretty good, but can be a bit disengaged sometimes. He can also be a really helpful one minute then the next just couldn't be bothered. Men!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I know how you feel, I find it tough too. I really struggled in the beginning and while I'm excited to welcome this baby, I am also terrified. I have my PND counsellor on stand-by though! I saw her a few times during IVF and will see her again towards the end of the pregnancy to help prepare. I'll also see the lactation consultant before the birth so I can run through my options again and get the support ready, just in case.

Why doesn't your DH help? Are you worried he won't be supportive when this bub arrives?

My DH is generally pretty good, but can be a bit disengaged sometimes. He can also be a really helpful one minute then the next just couldn't be bothered. Men!
    That is so good that you are prepared Cue. DH is ok I guess just not very hands on especially when they are newborns. He also goes away a lot for work so I am dreading that part a little.

I think I hogged DD a lot to haha I longed for her for so many years that I hogged her so bad when she arrived. Next bub I'll be so much more chilled my god.

I still think and know I had PND but no one believed me including DH. I called out to so many ppl including doctors but no one listened thank goodness I came out okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ange - thanks, I was going to do the Harmony test but my GO hadn't even heard of it!!! I wanted it also for the gender, but can wait until the 19 week scan.

We got our BT results after our scan and are very low risk for any issues, 1 in 2846 chances of Trisomy problems. Very relieved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_2667.JPG

Well here is my 13 week bump, MS been completely gone for a week now and feel great x