Closed Thread
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Angeq welcome, I am glad you found the thread and congrats again on your bfp. I bet it still feels a bit surreal! Your clinic should of told you your gestation but some due date calculators online let you put in the ovulation date to calculate it, you could just count back from your 6 days, O day being day zero, so would be 27 oct

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies- hope you don't mind me crashing this thread (I could end up with a July baby if I go over).

Just wanted to say a quick congrats to all the bfps!!
    i will try not to come on here often as I know I have my own due date thread but you ladies are around the same time along as me and there's lots of familiar names here too- makes it hard not to stop by!

Angeq- I get the 3rd august for you for your due date

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I got my first BFP yesterday HCG 387 at 4wks (15DPO) I know it is still VERY early days and I am still in complete shock but hope you don't mind me joining you and everything goes well from here. I am back in for my next BT on the 22nd, then the 29th and 1st scan on the 9th of December. It's so nice to see so many familiar names in here

TMI - I've been experiencing cramping especially at night time. Whenever I need to go to the toilet I get quite a bit of discomfort... everything must be stretching and getting used to whats going on down there! I feel like it's too early for these symptoms but I quickly get short of breath in certain situations and at night i notice my heart rate speeds up a bit - very weird. I also think it's a bit of anxiety as I am so nervous about the next few weeks... sometimes wouldn't it be nice to know nothing!

AngeQ I used an online IVF calculator and it says you are 4 weeks 3 days - EDD 22/7/2014 - http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php

Rosey I am been ravenous at the end of the day - i didn't think this would happen so early... the mornings I have only been able to stomach toast and citrus fruits but by the end of the day it's anything! oh dear...

For those a bit further on than me when do you need to make your 1st apt with your OB? I haven't picked one yet...

Has everyone told there families? Only me, DH and you girls know... it's SOOOO hard, it took everything in me not to ring my Mum yesterday but I want to wait until at least our 7wk scan before telling them, I was going to wait until 12wks but that's after Christmas, NY and my birthday so too much celebrating that they will be trying to make me have a drink, relax and enjoy as they think we were going to start IVF again in mid-jan.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome JB!! I have told my brother and sister only as they were the only ones that knew we have actually done a cycle, everyone else thinks we weren't going to start until after our Christmas trip overseas. My dad's birthday is early December, so all going well at the scan on 25 nov I am going to send a happy birthday grandad card (it will be his first grandchild). We have a hot air balloon ride booked for Christmas Day which is exactly my 12 weeks so am planning on taking a picture to announce it to everyone else.

Ange sorry I meant to say 29th as your ovulation date. Here is one I found that calculates from ovulationAttachment 46110

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

AngeQ  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ladies, I had a look at a few sights... most of them have said im 4 wks 4 days today & due 22/07/2014

I also looked up my HCG level and its normal for a singleton... how many did you ladies transfer??
    @Jb2011 - One of my sisters is living with me so she found out straight away and my mum and other sis arrived for a holiday from NZ on the day of my BT so were there when i got the call I have also told my close friends & father but thats all until xmas time i think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Angeq, when I recalculate it I agree with 22/7, sorry I was taking the previously mentioned 27/10 date as the equivalent to your LMP (last menstrual cycle) date so that's why I was way out.

As you all know there are heaps of online calculators but the way to manually work it out is to take exactly one week off you egg collection date and then add the 9mths to that date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Six weeks today! Still very surreal, although the tiredness, nausea, moodiness, sore (.)(.).... There is no mistaking any of that, that's definitely real!

Welcome to all the new bfp's! There were so many this month!

Heart strings, good luck for your scan tomorrow! Hope you see the heartbeat and everything goes well.
    Rosey, yes...I am ridiculously hungry. Can't stop eating, and the scales aren't telling a pretty story right now either. I figure all I can do is just make sure I'm eating good food (not crap!) and the weight thing will take care of itself.

I've put my foot down and am not helping with weekend renovations anymore. It's painting this weekend, and I've shamelessly used this pregnancy thing as an excuse not to do anything. Pretty sure DH knows it's just an excuse (google supports both sides of the argument)... But better to be safe that sorry I say.

I've downloaded a great app. Pregnancy week to week, by health &patenting. Ive road tested quite a few and this is the best one I've found so far. Highly recommend it.

Afm, we have another scan on Thursday (heartbeat scan!), then we've decided we will tell our parents next weekend, after the scan. I went Xmas shopping with my mum on Friday, I felt terrible and it was very difficult not to spill the beans!!

Have good weekend ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    90Bayside - How are you feeling now? Has your sickness subsided? It appears I got ahead of myself because yesterday was the first day I was able to keep food down. It turns out my little one really only likes vegemite on toast at the moment. How amazing about your scan! It must have been such a magical moment for you. The heartbeat scan is just the best! And good for you for putting your foot down and not doing any renovations. It’s an important time for you to rest and keep your strength up. Did you get away with it?

Rainbow and AngeQ - Welcome to the thread and congratulations on being pregnant! I hope the next few weeks go by quickly for you both.

SoReady - How crazy that you’re already showing. How are you feeling? That’s such a beautiful way to tell your dad that he’ll be a grandfather. Very thoughtful!

Heartstringz - How did your scan go??

Rosey - I too am having to eat every two hours or I become ravenous. It’s just insane. Thursday will be here before you know it!

Annerley - It was so good to see you in here! Pop in whenever you like. Hopefully you don’t have to wait until July to meet your little one though.

JB - It’s so nice to see you here!! I too get a bit uncomfortable when going to the toilet, but it soon passes. I hope this is a smooth pregnancy for you. We’ve only told our mums and sisters. We’ve been through so much to get here that we don’t want to jinx it by getting too excited too early. I’m so happy I have this forum to tell things to!

AFM - After a horrible week where I was unable to keep any food down, I had my 7 week scan today and saw the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. A little peanut measuring 1cm with its own heartbeat! It was the most magical moment of my life. I even got to hear a little of it, even though it was muffled because of the internal ultrasound. My FS printed out the scan for me to keep. So amazing!! We also told our mothers and sisters on the weekend that we’re pregnant which was absolutely amazing. So many tears all around.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JB, I've also been getting similar cramping. A few of us seem to have had it so I'm assuming that means it's fairly normal. Good luck with your pregnancy!

My scan went well today. It was amazing, got to see the little peanut in there & the heartbeat. We have our next scan in 3 weeks time when I'll be just over 10 weeks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra and heartstringz, so pleased to hear your scans went well! (Can't wait for mine on Thursday!)

I escaped most of the renovations on the weekend. I did go and half hearted lay paint half a wall (just with a roller, why DH was cutting in). He ended up having to do it again today, apparently it was streaky! Hehe. I also had friends up from Canberra so we lazed about for most of the weekend and didn't do much, it was really lovely actually.

I did buy a new christmas tree on the weekend though which was sort of fun!

Jb, I saw on the other thread you wrote that the waiting after the Bfp was worse than waiting for the Bfp. I agree, SoReady and I were discussing that earlier in this thread. There is a lot more waiting post Bfp than before. And it's more worrying too I think because you have a glimmer of hope and are even more concerned that something might go wrong. Unfortunately there is no way around it but with patience I'm afraid!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (19-11-2013),Sandra13  (19-11-2013)