Closed Thread
Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefaithbelieve View Post
    Hi!!
    My response may be personal and over the top but you will relate I have denied hubby sex since before the whole cycle, and his sister said she had a miscarriage once straight after sex so it's always been in the back of my mind.
    But I had the same thing this morning, didn't have sex but I did orgasm and I has excruciating pains too, no blood. I think cos out uterus is moving and detaching the spasms which are caused from an "O" are exaggerated on our already tender and changing bodies.

Considering what's already happening down there, I would consider it to be a normal "side effect" - definitely takes the fun out of it though hehe
    Thanks I feel better that im not the only one cramping afterwards! & yes it does definately take the fun out of it... especially when hubby feels really guilty taking away the fun for him too!
    @hopeh3 - sorry i must of post at the same time as you... ive heard bleeding is quite common in early pregnancy & if your levels are fine & cervix closed then things should be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeh3 View Post
    Hi Ladies.

Soo nervous as I had a bleed last night. Had a different pain but nothing really sore and then when I was heading to bed an hour later I had covered the double panty liner and it had leaked onto my underwear a little. Went to hospital and they took bloods and the levels seem ok. Doctor examined me after 6 hours waiting and said there is a little blood to be seen but the cervix is still closed. So scared and have to wait til Monday for scan. If that goes ok I will still have my ob app on Tuesday. Any prayers out there pls say one that baby stays snug for at least another 30 weeks! Afraid to breath so gonna sit tight with my legs crossed for the weekend! 8 weeks and 2 days today.
    No bleeding since so fingers crossed it was a once off. Best of luck ladies. Will keep ye posted xx
    Oh my gosh, that sounds like a stressful and scary ordeal, rest up this weekend and good luck for Mondays scan. Praying that you and bubba will be fine and full of health xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hopeh3 - You poor thing hun, try not to worry too much, and hope your scan allg oes well Monday. It can be normal in early pregnancy to have a small bleed so everything is ok. Big hugs.

Ange & hopefaithbelieve - Dh and I had sex I think it was 11 days past ET (we hadn't for around a month durint the IVF cycle as I was just too uncomfortable etc). I was told not to for 5 days after ET, but then having done it 11 days post ET and reading some stories on bub hub I felt like I was in the minority as some women weren't going to until the 13 weeks mark!

Having said that I didn't get any cramping but felt a little sore. I'm sure it is just because everything is stretching etc inside, I don't know, but seems it can be common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep Angeq I had cramping after "O" a couple of times. Sorry if TMI but I had a couple of sex dreams early on & woke up cramping. Freaked out about it at first then read in my preggo book it's quite common! Nobody ever tells you about this stuff!
    Hopeh3 - sorry to hear you had a scary episode, hope it all ok on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopeh3 - good luck Monday. I hope all is well. Bleeds are scary but are really common so fingers crossed bub is just fine. Definitely rest up, lots of movies to distract yourself.

A question for everyone. Is anyone else feeling a bit sort of detached? I have this weird feeling like the baby isn't real or like its not actually mine. Maybe because the process was so clinical? Or am I crazy??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear - I don't think my DH is going to get any action for about a year! Firstly there is the fact that I'm on 6 pessaries a day for at least the next 2 months ... the gross factor just means sex is not on the agenda. Secondly I have heard before about sex irritating the cervix and causing a bleed - which would freak me out on its own, but - TMI warning - it seems my husband stood in the line twice when family jewels were being distributed - so size causes problems anyway even when not pregnant and the cervix is open, soooo it ain't gonna happen! Will have to get creative.

Cue - I think feeling a bit removed from it all is probably normal for ivf'ers. Given we were removed from so much of this while it all happened in a lab! All the drugs, the side effects, the stress and emotions, it's all so different from the 'traditional' experience. And of course, in my case, the baby isn't mine genetically ... but I think that as time passes and as we grow bigger, and see the scans and feel the movements, then I think that 'detachment' will kind of wane. And if it doesn't - birth will certainly bring it home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for making me feel like not the only one re: $*x life!! DH & I haven't done it since before EPU so roughly 6-7wks and I'm similar to Vix that I'm still on crinone and 2 x pessaries daily so it ain't pretty up there! Again like Vix my DH stood inline twice too so I'm to nervous about it. Small price to pay for the short term I say.

Vix has anyone talked to you about inserting the pessaries rectally instead? Sounds gross I know but when I picked up my 2nd batch the pharmacist said its a lot less messy as the muscle is a lot stronger and it all ends up in the same place. I haven't done it yet, will wait and see what my FS keeps me on after my scan tomorrow. I'm so nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Muppa7677 1/7
    Heartstringz 4/7 - 2nd scan 9/12, 12 wk scan 23/12
    Rosey82 7/7 - 12 wk scan 23/12
    Sandra13 7/7 - 2nd scan 4/12
    Pevara 8/7
    SoReady 9/7 - 1st OB appt 9/12
    lizlh 12/7 - Twins! - 2nd scan 9/12
    LoCo 12/7 - 12 wk scan 24/12
    Hopeh3 13/7 - 1st OB appt 10/12
    Shawly 16/7
    Mieke034 20/7
    Rainbow2013 21/7
    Cue 21/7
    KVP 21/7 - 2nd scan 13/12
    MrsErinR 21/7 -
    AngeQ 22/7
    Jb2011 24/7 - Twins!
    Lillaa 4/8 - 3rd BT 13/12
    hopefaithbelieve 9/8
    Rozzie1976 - 1st scan 17/12
    Omgshoes
    Vixjc - 1st scan 20/12

(( Hugs needed ))

Emski72
    90Bayside

GL tomorrow @heartstringz, @lizlh & @SoReady

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the roll call.
    A few appointments tomorrow, you girls must be excited!
    Dh and I bought a book called "your pregnancy bible" yesterday and we read it in bed together all night. Was super cute.
    We also bought elevit vitamins, I was only on folic before and I do need vitamins especially since cutting down on coffee.
    It is all getting a bit more real, I can't wait for a scan in a week or so and see a heartbeat. We have had so many setbacks on this journey, I can't wait for some reassurance that everything is ok.
    Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies, just had my 7wk scan and both of our little bubbas are still going strong both heart rates at 140bpm - 1 bubba measuring right on 7wks4days and the other slightly ahead at 7wks6days. Amazing! So relieved. We have our 1st OB appointment this afternoon and tonight telling my parents and then my brother and his GF - I can't wait! Going home now to make our gift to them which is how we are going to tell them... Will post a pic later!

Good luck to those have scans, OB apts & BT's today - thinking of you all xx