Closed Thread
Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post
    Hi!
    it gets tricky to do personals on my ipad.

This time was a FET for me. They stopped the pessaries on the day before the first BT, and were happy with my progesterone levels so I'm not on any support. The only thing I'm on is folic acid and steroids (we thought I had immunity issues).

We will have Christmas at home as we have cancelled our trip to see our families when we got our BFP. Just the 2 of us, we can cook what we want, and because we were supposed to be on leave we had already said no to work parties.
    I found the list of "no food" a bit challenging but it only really is when I go out to a cafe or something. It's fine at home.

We will definitely be finding out the sex. We did CGH for this embryo, so technically the sex is already known somewhere but I think it is illegal to let us know. Let's take one step at a time and find out when we can. We can't decide on a preference, We're just amazed this is actually happening.

Rosie, fingers crossed for your BT today!

xx everyone.
    Omg I've always wondered this? Whether they know what sex? I picture them in the lab going hmm what should we pick for this family? Let's go boy today haha!

What is CGH?

Thanks
    Reviews
    CGH means comparative genomic hybridization. This technic looks at the chromosoms, we used it as a prenatal genetic diagnosis. We had a big batch of 10 day 3 embryos, one cell of each of them was taken out and sent to Melbourne at day 3 for testing" in the mean time the embryos kept developing to day 5 embryos. On day 5 we had the results, and out of the 10 embryos, only 2 were normal. The other 8 had anywhere from one chromosom missing to problems to 6 pairs of them. It was pretty amazing to look at them also, because the worst one was a beautiful hatching blastocyst.

We put one back at the time, got a bfn, and put this frozen one last month with a bfp for the first time ever in our 4 years IVF journey.

We are very lucky to already know that this embryo is chromosomically normal, even though I do worry about all of the other things that could go wrong of course.

Through the testing they do find out the sex, as we did see in the results of the abnormal ones that some had a trisomy of the sexual chromosoms, but when they are normal they just write "nothing to declare" or something, and you don't find out the sex, but I was wondering if you can have access to this info once a pregnancy occurs. I guess not.

Has anyone else done cgh?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hello, I'm still around. Struggling just to get through the days at work at the moment & still sooooo hungry! 12 week scan booked in for 23rd dec, hopefully we can get an appointment with our ob to review results before Xmas, if the clinic ever sends the referral! Booked a trip to bali in march - FYI medibank will give you travel insurance for ivf pregnancy for an extra fee, there are heaps of others that won't.
    I am feeling the pain of the food restrictions - no probs when I make my own food, but went to mil place for tea the other night & she had made fresh aioli & fetta salad! Felt like a bi$&ch asking what was in the food but she knows I am pregs! Starting to dread Xmas, might offer to bring some fresh stuff I know I can have!
    Hope everyone is travelling ok. Sorry to hear the bad news emski & a couple of others (so hard on the app!). All I can say is sometimes life is just not fair! Big hugs to you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post

We will have Christmas at home as we have cancelled our trip to see our families when we got our BFP. Just the 2 of us, we can cook what we want, and because we were supposed to be on leave we had already said no to work parties.
    I found the list of "no food" a bit challenging but it only really is when I go out to a cafe or something. It's fine at home.
    Phewf! Hubby and I agreed to skip on Christmas celebrations this year, regardless of our outcome this cycle, because of it was a BFN it would probably be too hard to answer the "how have you been" questions without bursting into tears, and now it's a BFP it will be even harder to keep a secret! This kills me though as we both have huge Portuguese families and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, so we will be going away from home for a few days down south,a a I told hubby I can't sit at home knowing my family is celebrating christmas,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't do this 3 month thing hey it's so frustrating I just want to be pregnant with no secrets. People/family are asking me if I'm pregnant and I just say yes!! In other words my belly is fat and my boobs are looking humongous haha!

Hurry up Dec 24th !!!! I just can't stand this wait!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you Loco, we are having a few friends over for a Xmas BBQ tomorrow and DH says there is no way someone won't ask with my belly. I have told one friend and asked her to be on duty to change the subject. I just want to get through Mondays OB appointment and then I will be ok to tell just close friends and family before we escape O/s for 5 weeks. I don't think I will tell the masses until we are back and have another scan.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loco & Soready - I know what you mean, I'm only just gone 5 weeks and feels like time is standing still!!

AFM I just got yesterday's 2nd BT results in, progesterone has gone up from 79 to 118 and HCG from 272 to 6080! Really happy and relieved. They have now cut me back to every 2nd night Crinone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ready I'm so jealous I need a holiday desperately. I'm looking at flights today I don't care even a 5 day trip I'll be happy with.

Rozzie yes time is going so slow!!! I want it to speed up to 12 weeks then Go nice and slow so I can enjoy growing my little human. Hehe

Have a great weekend ladies

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rozzie - great levels!!!

I am terrible at keeping this a secret! My mothers group know, our immediate families know, a few friends at work and a couple of other friends. It's so much harder to keep it quiet when people know you've been doing IVF.

I had my booking-in appt with my OBs midwife today. So I'm all locked in! Very exciting.

My belly is starting to poke out a little lol - its just bloating at the moment though. Can't wait to get a proper baby bump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean Cue! So many people knew we were going through IVF so keep asking and it feels weird not to tell the truth. As I get closer to 9 weeks, I feel less stressed about telling people.

I'm getting a little belly too so I'm wearing a lot of flowy stuff to work. So they might be on to me - otherwise, they will after the Christmas party which I will have to endure sober