Closed Thread
Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SoReady that is very interesting. I'm having a scan next wee at about 9 weeks so I will ask the doctor then. I would really like to have all my 12 weeks testing done before Christmas.

We're definitely finding out (we did with DD). I want no more surprises at this stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I finally got booked in for my 12 week scan - I'll be 12 weeks on 21st December so it was a little challenging as most places are booked up the week before & shut down over xmas. The clinic was dragging their feet as far as arranging it & my hospital/ob was already booked up. So I was starting to stress a little. Finally managed to find somewhere that was available & wasn't shut down so we are booked for 23rd December. My FS is going away on 20th so the clinic is telling us 'that's not ideal' but given it has been left so late we have little choice!

Prior to that I have a scan on Monday (10wks 2 days) so hopefully everything is still going well.

I'm having heaps of trouble with what I can eat. I'm constantly slipping up & then getting really upset & freaked out that I've harmed my baby. Heaps of things seem to have processed/deli meat, soft cheese, smoked fish, raw eggs etc not to mention raw fruit & veggies & I'm finding it really hard knowing what I can eat.

I've already had to miss my work xmas party (pretended I was sick) because they said the food would be a buffet so I figured it was unlikely there'd be much I could eat & I didn't want to pay $25 to watch everyone else eat.

I have no idea what I'm going to do at christmas because all the food will be processed meat, soft cheese, smoked fish, supermarket bbq chicken, raw fruit & veg etc so I'm not going to be able to eat anything.

I've already spent ages crying tonight because I ate pre-cut watermelon for the last three days without even twigging it was a problem.

Why is it so hard to actually be able to eat anything in pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lizlh - I will keep you posted after my appointment on Monday and let you know what tests they actually do. I am 12 weeks on Christmas day but will be in a hot air balloon over the serengeti - eek.

heartstringz - I hear you on the food front. We had DH work xmas party last Sunday which was a buffet - all of the salads had feta, the roast pork was on the rare side, the chicken was cold roast bbq pieces. I ended up with some of the curry, rice, and a baked potato - it did look a bit bland. I am just trying to eat at home as best I can, and for lunches taking my own salads and making a fresh sandwich rather than buy anything bought. At least I can keep tabs on how fresh things are, or I take left overs from the night before that I can reheat really hot. I am sure you will be fine - some people dont even know they are pregnant for a couple of months so I am sure they eat and drink things they shouldn't during that time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

lizlh  (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think there's anything wrong with fresh fruit & veg is there? I ate heaps of that with DD!

It is tough when people don't know you're pregnant at this time of year. The food is not pregnancy friendly! My team at work are considering wine tasting for our Christmas thing - I'll be skipping it if that's what is decided!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    SoReady - that is interesting. Do you mean the scan for downs? Yes I was told 11+2 hmmm very interesting. I'm just happy to be done and dusted by Chrissy.

Let me know how yours goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready - yes I know what you mean re the progesterone. I just had my 2nd BT this morning and am eager to get the results of levels this afternoon. If they are good I am pretty sure they will cut me back to every 2nd day of crinone. I know I should trust them but it seems very early to me (only 5 weeks yesterday!). Another lady on the old thread you were on which I am still popping into, is stopping this week and she is only 6 weeks along?

They did say when I went in for my initial IVF meeting that because I have carried before naturally, my body is obviously capable of producing enough progesterone on it's own...we will see! And yes we are finding out this time around, our 1st was a surprise but want to know this time around! Exciting.

Heartstringz - why can you not eat fresh fruits and vegetables?? There are so many things you can eat that are not processed..hard cheeses are fine including any hard cheese (tasty, vintage, etc) , haloumi and feta cheese are fine also.. I have googled it and all websites say feta and haloumi are fine...it is brie and camambert, blue vein etc you should avoid. Bread is fine, pasta, rice, fresh, hot cooked meats (not deli meat)...basically any food at all as long as fresh!

For Xmas why couldn't you eat cooked Turkey and tossed salad for lunch? I think as long as you are avoiding soft cheeses and deli meats, aswell as uncooked eggs (and completely cooked eggs are fine!) you will have no dramas. I make up a huge salad every day for lunch with just an italian dressing with avacado, tasty cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber etc and it is delicious. I don't understand why you feel there is nothing you can eat in pregnancy, anything fresh is fine hun along with many other foods! Or good old fashioned cruskits with avacado and tasty cheese on them?? So many options. Eggs on toast, toasted cheese tomato sandwich, heaps of stuff.xx

Maybe as I am used to always eating fresh foods or freshly prepared and nothing bought from a shop/store or deli I am just used to it.

Cue - no there is nothing wrong with fresh fruits and veg! These are the best things you can eat hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry for no personals yesterday after my post... we are over 3 hours away from our FS so after the drive there and back & the emotions involved I was knackered!
    Was so amazing to see the heartbeat and a cute little bean...i couldnt help myself & started crying as soon as i saw it! Im definately feeling alot better about the pregnancy but definately not feeling completely relaxed... We'll
    be having my 2nd scan and 12 wk scan in NZ as we are on holiday there for a month from next saturday cant wait!
    @Rainbow2013 - Congrats on the great scan I have heard the other way round for the heartbeat... a friend of mine asked the other day to let her know if the heartbeat was over 144 as this means it will be a boy. I mentioned it to our FS she said it was definately not a correct theory.
    @SoReady - we will definately be finding out the sex... im really bad with surprises plus being my first I want to feel the excitement of buying a whole lot of pink or blue baby stuff & be able to decorate the nursery
    @heartstringz - Im sure raw fruit & vege are fine, I think its just important to wash or peel it before eating. With everything else im pretty sure if it looks and smells fresh etc i think you'll be fine

ROLL CALL

Muppa7677 1/7
    Heartstringz 4/7 - 2nd scan 9/12, 12 wk scan 23/12
    Rosey82 7/7
    Sandra13 7/7
    Pevara 8/7
    SoReady 9/7 - 1st OB appt 9/12
    lizlh 12/7 - Twins! - 2nd scan 9/12
    LoCo 12/7
    Hopeh3 13/7 - 1st OB appt 10/12
    Shawly 16/7
    Mieke034 20/7
    Rainbow2013 21/7
    Cue 21/7
    KVP 21/7 - 2nd scan 13/12
    MrsErinR 21/7 -
    AngeQ 22/7
    Jb2011 24/7 - Twins!
    Lillaa 4/8 - 2nd BT 6/12
    hopefaithbelieve 9/8
    Rozzie1976 - 2nd BT 5/12, 1st scan 17/12

(( Hugs needed ))

Emski72
    90Bayside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone.

Just a general congrats to ladies with lovely scans. Its weird but the weeks are flying by (8 weeks today!) and yet wishing it away to the 12 week mark. Lets just keep praying that it keeps going strong. First OB app on Tuesday so fingers crossed again

Take it easy and keep going ladies. Such exciting times xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeh3 For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The food thing definitely is an interesting one - I didn't think I would worry about it too much (as fussy pregnant people used to annoy me!) but once I knew I was pregnant my mind set completely changed and now I understand those fussy people! That being said I think if your body is used to eating certain foods then you shouldn't have to stop eating them (ie: Japanese women wouldn't stop eating sushi/sushimi or french women wouldn't stop eating brie etc) but we aren't Japanese for french so I think just using your own judgement on things is the best. I have heard yes and no to eating feta - a GF of mine who is pretty vigilant about foods whilst pregnant is still eating it but I've stopped unless it's completely unavoidable. Everyone is different!

http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/...egnancy-table/

Christmas eating:
    http://www.*************.com.au/preg...218-2bkq3.html

I think at Christmas time if you know where the food has some from ie: family members made it then it's completely fine to eat and if you're really worried heat up the turkey and ham before you eat it if you have cold Christmas lunch.

Rozzie good luck for your BT today - can't wait to hear those rising numbers!!

Soready yeah I am with Lynn, this will hopefully be my last appointment with her for the 7 wk scan then hopefully I can graduate to my OB. I know what you mean about the symptoms. The minute I start to feel somewhat ok again I start to worry but waves of nausea keep hitting me so I am hoping that's a good thing?

Re: progesterone I am on crinone in the morning and then midday and night time pessaries. The midday one got added in after my bleed. I will find out on Monday when I see my FS what I need to continue but I think I will be on some support until at least 12 weeks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    it gets tricky to do personals on my ipad.

This time was a FET for me. They stopped the pessaries on the day before the first BT, and were happy with my progesterone levels so I'm not on any support. The only thing I'm on is folic acid and steroids (we thought I had immunity issues).

We will have Christmas at home as we have cancelled our trip to see our families when we got our BFP. Just the 2 of us, we can cook what we want, and because we were supposed to be on leave we had already said no to work parties.
    I found the list of "no food" a bit challenging but it only really is when I go out to a cafe or something. It's fine at home.

We will definitely be finding out the sex. We did CGH for this embryo, so technically the sex is already known somewhere but I think it is illegal to let us know. Let's take one step at a time and find out when we can. We can't decide on a preference, We're just amazed this is actually happening.

Rosie, fingers crossed for your BT today!

xx everyone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (05-12-2013)