Closed Thread
Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2014

IVF Babies due July/August/Sepetember 2014
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 28-11-2013 at 09:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't realise there was a due date one specifically for IVF pregnancies! Thank goodness there is. I joined the "normal" due date thread but it's a bit hard seeing their stories. I just don't think people realise the struggle we all go through.

I got my beta yesterday which was over 1000 at 16dp 3dt. I am cautiously optimistic at this stage but will have weekly bloods until my 7 week scan to check all is still ok. My est due date will be 9 July.

congratulations on your BFP
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 28-11-2013 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, I am quite surprised by my beta. With my two m/c's I had trouble with the numbers and doubling so they had predicted in advance they wouldn't make it. I was hoping for another test in 48 hours to check the doubling but they told me there is no need once it gets over 1000? so it's tests on Fridays then the 7 week scan, then we are going away for 5 weeks overseas at Christmas so I will hopefully get a 10 week scan before we go then 16 weeks when we get back. I am a bit nervous to miss the 12 week one - fingers crossed it all goes well until then.

I am feeling ok, extremely tired. Today I woke up at 7 and was back in bed for a nap by 10:30. Yesterday I had to have a lunch time nap too. My boobs are really sore and already bigger - though I usually have no boobs at all so it is probably more noticable. I am already finding underwire bras uncomfortable so just headed out and bought some wireless ones I also have a sore back so I am hoping that improves for out long flights

have you chosen an OB yet? Did your FS recommend anyone? good luck with your scan on Friday too - hopefully we both get good news.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 28-11-2013 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, I am with Monash too - Lyn Burmeister. I have my scan booked now for 25th Nov and off to the GP tonight to get a referral for an OB. I will either go to Freemans in East Melbourne or St Vincents Mercy. I want to ask friends for their recommendations of OB's but don't really want to tell anyone yet, aargh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had shy recommendations for ob's? I have seen Sze lee before but then I had my m/c, not sure if I should stick with her? Did lyn recommend any for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! Mind if join in? Just had our second beta (over 2000) and starting to get a little bit excited! This was our 3rd IVF attempt and EDD is July 7th. Not quite sure what to think or feel yet as this is my first ever positive pregnancy test, hanging out for the 7 week scan on the 21st nov

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rosey, welcome and congratulations! 2000 is great news, we are only 2 days apart, I have my next beta on Friday. Sorry to hear it took you three attempts though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Do you mind if I join too?

SoReady, thank you so much for letting me know about this thread!! The "normal" threads all make me a bit sad because so many ladies take what they have for granted.

Anyway, I'm now 5 weeks and 3 days along and loving every second, but absolutely terrified at the same time. My EDD is 7 July too! I only had 2 betas because the last one was high and the clinic didn't think I needed any more. I'm also only on Crinone at night time. Now I'm just hanging out for my 7 week scan on 18 November. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant with our first round of IVF, but it was no picnic before that. We've been trying for two and a half years now with lots of bad news, an operation, more bad news and then having to face the fact that we could only ever get pregnant with IVF (I have PCOS and endo). Anyway, it's been a hell of a rollercoaster but I'm very happy to be here now. I've had lots of symptoms - morning sickness (having a great bout today), really sore boobs that have definitely grown, dizziness, sore back and sore uterus as it expands. After everything I've done to get here, I am treasuring every second that I feel these symptoms.

I really look forward to sharing this journey with you ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sandra - I am glad you found this thread too. The other one just bewilders me, some of the ladies have not even had a bt and are telling everyone. I don't think people understand that things don't always go to plan. I feel much safer in these IVF threads.

I had a bt this morning too so just waiting for the results. I will have another one next Friday the 15th but then there is nothing scheduled until my scan with Lyn on the 25th. Does this seem like a bit gap? I will be almost 8 weeks by the time I see Lyn. I have booked in with the OB that Lyn recommends - Emily Olive, she is based at St Vincents Mercy and I am booked for a hospital tour tomorrow to check it out. I am going to check out the Freemasons too but have heard they only have limited private rooms where all the rooms at St Vincents are private. My first OB appointment will be 9th Dec at almost 10 weeks then I will be away until nearly the end of January so will have a huge gap between check ups.

Starting to look pregnant and cannot stop burping which is really gross. had a few waves on feeling unbalanced yesterday too. Fingers crossed for some good news later today
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 28-11-2013 at 10:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s taken me a long time to get here so I’m loving every second, but yesterday was quite horrible. I haven’t felt sick like that in a long time. Thankfully today I’m totally fine. I’ve found that my bed time has gone from 10.30pm at the earliest to 9.00pm at the latest! It’s amazing how sleep will just take over your whole body and you just can’t fight it. It still doesn’t feel like enough though … At least it’s a good excuse for napping when you can! How did your final beta go?

SoReady - I couldn’t agree more! Plus, it’s great that we’re all basically due at the same time so the support will be even greater. Have you got your results back??
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 28-11-2013 at 10:05.