+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default "Experience" gifts and other unique gift ideas

So, I'm specifically looking for ideas for my 8-year-old daughter who is too old for toys, but too young for teenagery stuff (mostly)...

But ANY experience or unique gift ideas for any age group or gender would probably help at least someone out there reading along!

Thanks guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our older kids are only a couple of years older than your DD. We love this style of gift as they get super excited by the voucher then have the fun day out too We've done-
    Cupcake decorating class- massive, massive hit for all inc DSS
    Animal farm visit- who doesn't like a petting zoo?
    Amusement park pass- huge success
    Movie voucher- always a winner
    Bowling vouchers- they all love this
    Laser tag- I watched them do this on the night vision cameras they had at the venue- hilarious, they loved it
    Manicure vouchers- the girls enjoyed this, felt very pampered
    Whale watch cruise- big hit, they loved the novelty of a boat trip and seeing dolphins and whales was a huge deal for them
    Dolphin swim- we did this as their big present last Christmas. It wasn't cheap but worth every cent- they were utterly delighted and talked about it for weeks and weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum is taking all the girls in the family to the nutcracker ballet instead of giving presents this Christmas.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    How about an animal experience at Sea World or Australia Zoo?

When I first met DF the first Christmas we had together he was wondering what to get his DD for Christmas, I think she was about 11 at the time. My suggestion was that I would pay for us to get into Sea World and he paid for a getting up close with a dolphin experiences (she was really into dolphins at the time). Way to me for getting oodles of brownie points with DF, DSD and her Mum!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ed this exact same question on facebook. What about a kids cooking/pottery class, swim with the dolphins, whale watching?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I guess it would depend on where your DD's interests lie.

If she likes animals you could go for currumbin wildlife sanctuary or alma park zoo tickets. Underwater world- probably a bit boring for most kids though.

Theme park tickets.

Tree top adventure parks. ( my almost 9 year old loves them). Not sure if there is a QLD version though?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks guys!

Last year we had the Movie World/Wet n Wild/Seaworld yearly pass and this year we've already got the Dreamworld/White Water World one, so that's already out... and we've done the animal thing a million times over.

She likes animals, but I think she's a bit funny about actually interacting with them. When we got a koala photo, we had to seriously convince her just to have it anywhere near her. So... she's a bit too nervous for animal experiences, which sucks because they would otherwise be great, and they seem to be one of the easiest things... but like I said, she's a bit nervous.

I think MAYBE a farmstay might be okay if I was there holding her hand along the way... does anyone know of any in Qld?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Zoo pass and a
    Zoo explorer pack ; bag, digital
    Camera, sketch pad and pencils etc hat, drink bottle

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Thanks guys!

Last year we had the Movie World/Wet n Wild/Seaworld yearly pass and this year we've already got the Dreamworld/White Water World one, so that's already out... and we've done the animal thing a million times over.

She likes animals, but I think she's a bit funny about actually interacting with them. When we got a koala photo, we had to seriously convince her just to have it anywhere near her. So... she's a bit too nervous for animal experiences, which sucks because they would otherwise be great, and they seem to be one of the easiest things... but like I said, she's a bit nervous.

I think MAYBE a farmstay might be okay if I was there holding her hand along the way... does anyone know of any in Qld?
    Byron bay has an awesome farmstay. Only 2.5hrs? Away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about surfing lessons? My 8 year old twin DD love the water and are going surfing for their birthday this weekend 😊