+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gift for mother of twins ideas

I'm looking for a useful item to gift to a friend who had twins.
    She lives overseas and in my country things are just not made for 'large families' her family would be considered large as she has a 3yr old already. She's not coping very well, the twins were born early and were in nicu for a while then they sent them home before time and she's been struggling ever since. She has no milk so they're bottle fed.
    I was thinking something to help her with feeding or wearing them. It would have to be something that I can sen via post.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A baby carrier if she doesn't have one. Very helpful

Just ask her to send you a wish list. I got asked heaps what I would like, so in the end wrote a wish list (stuff I'd probably not bother with buying myself, as not totally essential, but would be nice to have if someone bought if for me).

A voucher to a local place to her could also work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look on the think twins website - they have a double cuddle feeding pillow for bottle feeding twins that I am planning on buying for my twins (as I plan to bottle feed)! Might be some other good ideas on that site too

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hire a cleaner - even if its just a once off
    Similarly a food service so for night she doesn't have to think about dinner
    A nice bottle of her fab wine- since she is bottle feeding she can indulge a bit and feel a bit "human".
    If you know her fav perfume go for that. Or shade of lipstick etc
    A voucher to a beauty salon or a massage place

They're all things I would have liked for me after my boys were born. Things to make her life easier with twins:

A play gym big enough for both to fit and play
    A bouncer
    A carrier- like an ergo but depends on price. I've just bought a wompat which is cheapish at $150 but not widely available. Or you can buy a pretty wrap
    Clothes for a years time from now. You always get given newborn clothes- I had an abundance. Once my boys hit one it was all on me and buying for two at once is expensive.
    Maybe a sleep aide like the dolls designed to take on the mums scent and that in turns helps baby sleep? Or a good wrap like the love to dream swaddled- would have LOVED those when my boys were little.
    Nappies are always good- they go so fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie - they are fantastic ideas! I might keep a few of these in mind for future use

I think a baby carrier is essential. My twin girls tag team, so when one sleeps and the other is cranky, I pop one in my sleepy wrap and they can snooze in there. (Also means I can deal with my 21month old son).

The cleaner is a fabulous idea. I have family coming through daily to help with the everyday washing and sweep the floors. I can't even imagine having to try and keep I top of all that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twin feeding pillow- you can get an angled foam wedge thing that both babies sit in and you can hold the bottles
    - self feeding bottles- its a teat attached to a straw that goes into a bottle- the twins in my mg used them
    - voucher for a cleaner or nanny
    - help buying a triple or decent double pram- we are expecting 4 under 3.5 and getting a decent multiple pram is tricky
    - a decent playpen or baby proof system for the house cause once those kids are moving she'll be run ragged.
    Also does where she live have a multiple organisation- I'm a twin and my mum still keeps in contact with the other mums she met thru twins club- apparently the option to chat to other mums with twins or multiples was such a relief as nothing compares to multiple babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll 2nd the self feeding bottles that are a teat on a straw. They make it so much easier with 2 of them.