+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Giving birth at 35-37 weeks

We're you induced or was it a planned c section? I'm being monitored as bubs growth has dropped, from 40ish percentile at 20 & 28 weeks to 4th percentile at 34 weeks. Blood flow and placenta seem fine though. The ob said yesterday that they hope to get me to 37 weeks but I'm wondering what is normal for such an early delivery - induction or c section? I'm scared ****less of either. Was induced with DS and swore never again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had two friend recently give birth, one at 36w for preeclampsia, needed and emergency c section and one went into spontaneous delivery at 37w.
    Both babies other than being a bit small at the time of delivery are fine. Both now thriving little chubby bubbies.
    Not exactly the same situation as your but thought you might like to hear some goodnewa stories of early deliveries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any experience but want to wish you all the best. Why don't you ask your ob what the likely delivery method will be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my ds at 37 weeks by csection due to pre eclampsia. I was already booked in for a csection for the following week but due to the pre eclampsia ds had to come early. My doc asked me if i wanted to try naturally by induction or if i still wanted a csection. Ds was small 5pound 14 ounces but all healthy.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DD at 34 weeks by c section and she was 5lbs 15 0z... I went into labour at 30 weeks and they held it off but at 34 weeks we decided it was time for her to come and she was fine... no NICU and straight up to my room with me.... Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    don't forget 37 weeks is classed as full term...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DS by emergency c-section at 36w+6 due to pre-eclampsia & HELLP syndrome. I was booked for an elective c-section at 39w+4 anyway but because of the HELLP he had to come out straight away.

The c-section was fine & not as bad as I was expecting (from all the horror stories I'd read online). Recovery was fine, just had to adjust the way I did certain things for a few weeks.

DS had no complications from being born early, he had severe jaundice but that was from the HELLP syndrome. He was a good weight & didn't have to go to NICU or special care.

I'm having another c-section this time & the only thing I want to change is I want an epi rather than a general anesthetic (had no choice with DS as my platelet count was so low I wasn't allowed a epi).

If you're unsure maybe talk to your ob and see what they recommend or at least give you more information on both options, both pro's & cons.

I hope everything turns out well for you.