+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Acne whilst TTC

I am TTC (possibly pregnant) and suffering terrible face/back acne since coming off BCP. My doctor recently prescribed Epiduo which is a cream I use daily before bed (and is really starting to work!) but I've just read that it may cause birth defects and shouldn't be used while TTC or pregnant... Any suggestions for different acne treatments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My skin went crazy after the pill...I have struggled most of my life with bad skin. I have tried everything... Just this year I started using Paula's Choice products. You can only buy them from the website and aren't that cheap but have great specials like 50% off everything quite often! But they work so well for me that I would happily pay full price!!! I am so excited to finally have something work. I assume they are safe during pregnancy. I used other harsher products in pregnancy.... But it would be up to you! If u need more info PM me! No I don't sell them just a really happy customer!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply heymegz! I will certainly be sure to check out the website. What annoys/confuses me is that all instructions either say not to be used in pregnancy or consult your doctor before using... Shouldn't it be a blanket use or don't use case?! My doc said that the Epiduo is ok to use while TTC and throughout pregnancy but I have read advice that quite clearly says do NOT use. Who knows...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Benzoyl Peroxide is safe to use TTC and pregnant. Duac is also fantastic to get on top of things- needs to be dr prescribed and used for upto 10 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean up to 10 weeks at a time or 10 weeks pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They have to say that because things aren't tested on pregnant women so noone actually knows .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantone View Post
    Do you mean up to 10 weeks at a time or 10 weeks pregnant?
    Can only be used for ten weeks at a time-pregnant OR not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAELEEJANE View Post
    Benzoyl Peroxide is safe to use TTC and pregnant. Duac is also fantastic to get on top of things- needs to be dr prescribed and used for upto 10 weeks
    My pharmacist told me the same thing when I was pregnant with DD but then when I spoke to my ob she later said 'no it wasn't suitable'. the only thing she suggested for me was belli skin care products which you can buy online http://www.belliskincare.com/. Have to admit I found it quite expensive and never actually tried it. I have suffered from acne since being a teenager and only found out when I was ttc dd that I suffer from pcos, since ttc bub no.2 I have been on metformin for my pcos and so far so good its stopped my acne symptoms, wish I had known that through pregnancy no.1 as I really suffered with painful cysts and acne. Hope you find something that works for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    My pharmacist told me the same thing when I was pregnant with DD but then when I spoke to my ob she later said 'no it wasn't suitable'. the only thing she suggested for me was belli skin care products which you can buy online http://www.belliskincare.com/. Have to admit I found it quite expensive and never actually tried it. I have suffered from acne since being a teenager and only found out when I was ttc dd that I suffer from pcos, since ttc bub no.2 I have been on metformin for my pcos and so far so good its stopped my acne symptoms, wish I had known that through pregnancy no.1 as I really suffered with painful cysts and acne. Hope you find something that works for you x
    My GP prescribed it for use during pregnancy as the awesome stuff I was on was not suitable. My Ob won't give me Zofran yet my anti natal GP will..... Guess it depends on their own personal views