+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not illegal but it still ****es me off. But at the shopping centres around here you can't even walk in the doors without walking through a cloud of smoke. That IS illegal but do you think anyone ever does anything about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ugh I hate walking through smoke in car parks. I think smoking in any public places should be banned.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so frustrating isn't it? I have a similar problem at my local shopping centre. There is always smokers hanging around just outside the door, definitely less than 20 metres away. I hate walking with my daughter through it. I don't feel comfortable saying anything, but I wish I could. A few people in my hubbies family smoke and they aren't as careful with smoking around my daughter as I would like them to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingInPuddles View Post
    Depends if by "okay" you mean lawful, or if you mean socially acceptable.

I think general consensus now is that causing second hand smoke exposure in any context is no longer acceptable to people, and is seen as inconsiderate.

The law in this case probably says differently unless otherwise sign posted.

I see pp (smoker's) point about how it is a lose-lose situation for them, but if I were a smoker I would park in a different location if I intended to light up outside my car. Parents with prams spend a lot more time unloading and loading up a car so theirs and their children's exposure would be greater than your average shopper.

Simple. If you smoke - don't park there.
    Agree!