+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default not as excited during my second pregnancy

Hi all,

I am currently 16 weeks into my second pregnancy and am finding it hard to get excited, I don't feel down or sad or anything like that but am just finding it not as exciting as my first pregnancy.
    My 2 pregnancies have been completely different, my 1st i had a cruisy 40 weeks but this time round i seemed to have had all the symptoms that you could have and i feel because of this i have not had time to get excited.
    Now that some of the sickness is wearing off i am hoping that i can start thinking about this baby more than "if i can make it through the day"
    I am not sure what i am hoping to get out of this conversation i guess sometimes you just need to get out how you really feel, my partner has been fantastic and is a wonderful daddy already, but as he works away he doesn't really get to see me on my bad days and neither does anyone else as i am hidden away in the house trying to rest.
    Anyway thanks for listening to my little dilemma, it can only get better from here right??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt very similar during my 2nd pregnancy. My 1st was cruisy, wheras my 2nd I was much sicker, felt a billion times more tired and found it a bit difficult to 'bond' with the baby. I think already having a toddler to look after and just struggling to get through the day took away alot of the excitement I felt with my first. I was also very worried about how I would cope with 2 and how I was going to turn DS1's life upside down. I started feeling more excited towards the end - when I knew there was going to be a gorgeous squishy baby in my arms soon.

I found trying to take a little time each day after DS1 had gone to bed to just to lay on the couch and focus on my bubs kicks, rub my belly and daydream about what he/she might look like helped with the bonding. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    that is some great advice thanks, i find myself so exhausted after putting my son to sleep that i just head straight to bed and don't spend the time to think about this new bub, names, kicks, what they will be like etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was actually going to write a similar post. I am 14+5 and just not feeling excited at all! I have constant nausea and no energy. Luckily dd is almost 4 and can do a lot on her own, but I just seem to be in bed so much, which makes me feel bad.
    I have tried thinking of names but there is not one name I like so I'm not enjoying that either :-(

Hopefully things turn around for the both of us soon!!

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's pretty normal. First time round it's such a new experience and second time it's like meh been there done that.

Lol sounds awful. I wouldn't worry, the first time you just get so consumed with it but the 2nd time you have another child to worry about. I was excited 2nd time round but didn't spend all day day dreaming about chubby, blue eyes baby's

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!