+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like mine. I bled for ages after I had it, and DH can feel it but it doesn't really bother him. I've put on heaps of weight but that was prob all the timtams while I was breastfeeding hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing. I also wanted to ask if a gp can put it in? My gp gave me a referral to a special clinic but I still haven't made the appointment yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine put in in the GP surgery. Took less than 10 minutes. I found it quiet painful and I also found the cramping in the first 12 hours after insertion quiet bad. And I'm no wuss I had a homebirth and a episiotomy with no local!

So far I haven't stopped bleeding since I've had it inserted about 2 months ago. I have been very moody which I think is improving. No other side effects,

I am a small woman (46kg) and apparently I get 2.5 x the dose of a woman of 80kg so maybe that's why I have felt mood changes.
    I think overall it's a great choice if it agrees with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    I got mine put in in the GP surgery. Took less than 10 minutes. I found it quiet painful and I also found the cramping in the first 12 hours after insertion quiet bad. And I'm no wuss I had a homebirth and a episiotomy with no local!

So far I haven't stopped bleeding since I've had it inserted about 2 months ago. I have been very moody which I think is improving. No other side effects,

I am a small woman (46kg) and apparently I get 2.5 x the dose of a woman of 80kg so maybe that's why I have felt mood changes.
    I think overall it's a great choice if it agrees with you.
    The surgeon who put mine in said the Mirena has only the equivalent hormone level of two mini pills per week, delivered only locally of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    The surgeon who put mine in said the Mirena has only the equivalent hormone level of two mini pills per week, delivered only locally of course.
    See I have heard that too, if that's the case how the heck does it protect me from falling pregnant again?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi&Beth View Post
    See I have heard that too, if that's the case how the heck does it protect me from falling pregnant again?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It makes the uterus unsuitable for implantation and reduces the lining so that there's nothing to actually implant into, hence why our periods eventually stop all together with it in.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Abi&Beth  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The mirena still has hormones in it so if you're at risk of blood clots I'd go something hormone free. I got a copper iud (same as mirena but no hormones) because hormone contraception sends me crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    It makes the uterus unsuitable for implantation and reduces the lining so that there's nothing to actually implant into, hence why our periods eventually stop all together with it in.
    In pretty sure it's the hormones that stop your period because the copper iud works in the same way, and periods don't stop with them, mine is heavier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Subbing. I also wanted to ask if a gp can put it in? My gp gave me a referral to a special clinic but I still haven't made the appointment yet...
    My GP did but she's part of a women's health clinic. You could ring around or try family planning in your area?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mirena really effected my moods, made me angry and short tempered. I couldn't wait the whole three months and had it out after5weeks. I'm sensitive to all hormonal contraceptives though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app