+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mirena

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me, I was at the doctors today to get a new script for the pill, he refused to give it to me because I have a history of blood clots in my family, he has suggested the Mirena.

Can anyone shed some light on it because I have no idea, I want the good, the bad, tell me everything you know!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I could feel my mirena when I exercised like it was scratching around and DH wasn't a fan of the strings - but you can get them clipped. I haven't heard of too many people being uncomfortable with them though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the mirena in for the past six months and have has absolutely no side effects (that I'm aware of). When the dr put it in it was no more uncomfortable than a Pap smear & since then I've honestly forgotten it was even there. Around the time I'd usually get my period I'm a bit bloated and may have a very very slight bloody discharge for a day, but other than that its all good. I have heard lots of bad stories too though, but mine is all positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoTi View Post
    I've had the mirena in for the past six months and have has absolutely no side effects (that I'm aware of). When the dr put it in it was no more uncomfortable than a Pap smear & since then I've honestly forgotten it was even there. Around the time I'd usually get my period I'm a bit bloated and may have a very very slight bloody discharge for a day, but other than that its all good. I have heard lots of bad stories too though, but mine is all positive!
    Yep ^^^^ this is me too. Love it!

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, how long did the whole procedure take?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had mine in for about a year & so far so good. Procedure took about 15 mins, had some cramping afterwards (took 2 Panadol for the pain as I was BF). I haven't gained any weight, felt no side affects so far & barely have a monthly bleed. I'm very happy with it 😁.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had mine since Jan and have had no probs. First 3 months AF was a bit all over the place. Spotted few months after that and have had nothing of late!

3 pinches is the best way I can describe it. Doesn't take long at all. Couple of minutes if that. Bit crampy afterwards. DH hasn't had any probs but GP said if he found it uncomfortable she could just shorten or move the stringy bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the opposite and copped all the side effects. Bleeding continuously that I became anemic, bloating, weight gain, cramps, head aches and we didn't realise it was related at the time but severe back pain. Had it put in under a general in March and removed in August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had one for 5 years absolutely loved it! will be getting another when im ready to go back on birth control. I had no periods for 4 of those years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've had mine in 4 months and I love it. My period is dwindling away each month and I've had no side effects. DP can't feel the strings.