+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    I personally think it needs to be monitored as 15 is still also a child, one needs to see if as he gets older so does the age. Ie when he's 18 is it now 13 or if it stays young.
    In high school I knew of year 12's dating year 8's so same age gap, they are now in there 30's and no longer date 13 year olds.
    Fair point. What then if he gets to 20 and is still attracted to 10 year olds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Okay, maybe you don't think that people like the following exist, but just humour me for a moment.

Imagine you have a 15 year old son, a bit of a pain at times as all teenagers can be, but otherwise a great kid. He comes to you and says that he has to tell you something important, and he doesn't know what to do about it - he's visibly upset. He then tells you that he thinks he might be attracted to children... that he noticed when he was younger that his crushes were always quite young, but then he was a kid too and it didn't seem to matter. Now that he's getting older, he still prefers young girls (say, around 10). He's disgusted with himself and doesn't know what to do. What would you tell him?
    A 15 year old confused little boy is very different to some 40 something sick SOB jerking off to kids who is fully aware of what he's doing and who knows right from wrong. If I had a son and he came to me with that I'd drop everything, find the best psychologist that money could buy and get him started on therapy ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where is the research showing its an orientation, that they were born that way? Is there any? From my understanding, most people with those urges are 'damaged' themselves (for want of a better word). In the way that psychopaths are damaged. They are unable to feel empathy and thus do not empathize with their victims. They are completely self obsessed and narcissistic. It's all about them and what they want. They do not think of the damage they are doing to the children.

That's not an orientation.

I was also disturbed at the part of the article talking about more s.exual autonomy of children. That just reeked of encouraging s.exualisation of children. I'm worried that there will be an increased push in that direction if it's accepted as an orientation.

This article was disturbing.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (04-11-2013),ChannyV  (01-11-2013),delirium  (01-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with help If that fails get him committed as he obviously has problems and is a danger to society

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely disagree with classifying pedophilia as a sexual orientation. This implies it is no more curable than homosexuality or heterosexuality, and is a natural state for adult humans.

The suggestion that if we put it out there more, *sufferers* will be more inclined to come forward and seek counselling goes completely against the idea of classifying it as a natural state (a sexual orientation)!! Sexual orientations can not be *counselled* away!

Some people still think homosexuality can be cured. What, now we're all going to support this notion that pedophilia can be cured (or even controlled)?

Just like rape, Pedophilia is an extreme firm of power control over another human - it's not sexual, it's violence because the other party does not/can not consent, either because they 1. Don't want to or 2. Are not sexually mature.

Personally, I don't feel pedophilia should be classified as a sexuality at all. It should be classified as sexual predatory violence, like rapists, who know exactly what they are doing when they do it!

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Benji  (01-11-2013),callmedragon22  (04-11-2013),ChannyV  (01-11-2013),delirium  (01-11-2013),MissMuppet  (01-11-2013),MrJones&Me  (01-11-2013),rainbow road  (01-11-2013),SAgirl  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Totally agree ^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    So uhh.. What happens when they can't get a job in a child care center and they start suing people on the grounds of "discrimination based on sexual orientation"? Erm.. I see a whole heap of problems with this, not least the things people will then get away with.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jennaisme, you raise a very interesting point as this has already started to happen in the States.

Just like rape, Pedophilia is an extreme firm of power control over another human - it's not sexual, it's violence because the other party does not/can not consent, either because they 1. Don't want to or 2. Are not sexually mature.
    I disagree. Just as with rape, there is an element of sexual attraction and gratification in this situation and in some cases the person instigating the action is submissive. Some horrific cases have uncovered situations where children are trained as complicit partners and that's where I'll stop with that. It's not something I wish to discuss but just state that it is out there.

Again, I feel the article has been misleading. I can't see any attempts to classify paedophilia as a sexual orientation by the American Psychiatric Association. What I do see is a convicted sex offender trying to convince the writer of the article that the way he sees things is the way things should be. A big difference.