+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In my opinion Aspergers And bipolar disorders are illnesses

Pedophilia is a criminal choice, just like rape and murder.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (01-11-2013),HLE  (01-11-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Given that one of the arguments against same sex marriage that is often thrown around is "next we will be allowing adults to marry children", I object very much to it being considered a sexual orientation.

1) because I dont believe it is, and 2) because it enables attitudes like the above.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (01-11-2013),Benji  (31-10-2013),Miados2007  (31-10-2013),oozzle  (01-11-2013),snowqu33n  (04-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I understand that being a pedophile, but not acting on it, is not illegal. The idea of fantasies about statutory rape being classed as a sexual orientation just doesn't sit right with me. I think it could serve to educate people about their own sexual thoughts (the amount of times I have heard men talking about teen girls without thinking of it as pedophelia - abhorrent) but I do agree with some that it could potentially make it seem less taboo if we talk about it in a way which implies it is as normal and healthy as a consenting adult-adult relationship.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Right so having a preference for children is an orientation then having sex with someone against their will is an orientation so is having sex with dead bodies?? Where do you drawer the line? How many little sexual preference boxes can there be there to tick?

This article sickens me. I don't give a sh*t if pedophiles feel scared to get help about their "condition", sure get help for it but I don't want any of them feeling comfortable about what they are because the names been changed. I have no compassion for anyone who could be looking at my child and thinking about them in that way. I don't care if they don't act on it, it is wrong, it is a crime and it makes me sick to my stomach.
    And honestly how can they say they would never act on it if its an orientation? Would a straight woman never act on her desires, would a gay man never act on his desires?
    Like a PP said once upon a time homosexuality was a crime, a "condition" and now it's (rightfully) an orientation and its ok and normal for women to be with women and men to be with men. How long will it be for it to be ok to have sex with children?

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry if the above sounded pretty brutal. I am usually a very compassionate person but I guess this just strikes a chord with me. I think of all of those children who have been raped and how they would feel about this

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    In my opinion Aspergers And bipolar disorders are illnesses
    Aspergers is a different wiring of the brain
    Not an illness
    Just because neurotypical brains are more common does not make them superior

In regards to the OP
    I will respond when I've got the brain capacity to Reread the article properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Aspergers is a different wiring of the brain
    Not an illness
    Just because neurotypical brains are more common does not make them superior

In regards to the OP
    I will respond when I've got the brain capacity to Reread the article properly
    I know what it is my brother has Aspergers and my best friend is bi polar and I don't think pedophilia should be in the same category is what I was getting at. Nor do I think it should be classified as a sexual orientation.

Not once did I say that everyone else was superior. The doctors have told these people they have a mental illness, I wasn't having a go at them in any shape or form.
    Last edited by ChannyV; 01-11-2013 at 06:52.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bit more of a look online for this last night after my friend told me this and I found an article that expanded on this saying that it is only paedophilia without consummation that has been re- classified not paedophilia disorder which is where a person has acted on their compulsion.

I still regard this as a very slippery slope and loathe to think that the apa may have bowed to pressure from so called 'minor attracted persons' or whatever they call them selves.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do people really put their hand up and say "I'm a pedophile but don't worry iv never acted upon my urges?". Serious question here, it just surprises me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find that very disturbing. It gives the impression that it is an acceptable attribute- and I'm sorry, it's not acceptable on any level playing feild. Even describing it as a mental disorder does not sit right. It's just plain old wrong.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (01-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (01-11-2013)