+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine says 20 weeks the fee for the planning and management- $2350 (Medicare +esmn rebate $492) I have no idea what that is! But then it says dont pay it until 24 weeks :/

When I rang the other obs who he works with she was sure I wouldn't have to pay him too but I will wait and see. I don't care if I do. It's my care and well being.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing as I'll be changing OBs at about 22 weeks due to moving interstate..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Joeee,
    I moved interstate in my third trimester and told my 1st OB who elected to bulk bill me (really nice of her - I didn't ask!). I then paid a reduced fee for my 2nd OB (although it was higher than the normal fee for my 1st OB - different markets in different states)
    The 2nd OB did the appointment with the medicare rebate.
    I had a very uncomplicated pregnancy though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sodalimebitters View Post
    Hi Joeee,
    I moved interstate in my third trimester and told my 1st OB who elected to bulk bill me (really nice of her - I didn't ask!). I then paid a reduced fee for my 2nd OB (although it was higher than the normal fee for my 1st OB - different markets in different states)
    The 2nd OB did the appointment with the medicare rebate.
    I had a very uncomplicated pregnancy though
    Thanks soda that's great which states did u move between (I'm going Melbourne to Adelaide)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I switched at 16 weeks after meeting with my original ob twice. The first consult I paid for, as per the fee schedule. Her schedule only said I would pay for the pregnancy management fee next at 20 weeks but after seeing her at around 14 weeks I decided to switch and she sent me a bill for $200 which I disputed. But I had good reason to do this as she had given me some bad advice which cost me more $ and her staff were extremely rude to me which is one of the reasons I switched. She was also very clinical and cold, and my dh and I just didn't feel comfortable with her. I also had to wait an hour each time to see her but the appointment was only very short. After i changed ob's though, my new ob did give me a slightly reduced rate. He was absolutely wonderful and what you would expect from an ob, but all my ante natal appointments were 5 minutes long (although I never had to wait, he was always on time, despite having heaps of patients), and for this pregnancy (my 2nd) I saw him at about 8 weeks, 13 weeks, 19 weeks and then around every 4 weeks through 2nd trimester and fortnightly for half of 3rd trimester and then weekly for the last 5 weeks of the pregnancy. So I got a lot of regular care.

I would definitely question your ob's bill and try to fight it or at least have it reduced. Couldn't hurt! And make sure if you are writing a letter, to include your reasons for leaving so it is clear that you feel they didn't do enough for you or were at fault somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    Thanks soda that's great which states did u move between (I'm going Melbourne to Adelaide)
    I went the other way - Adelaide to Melbourne!

I can highly recommend my Adelaide OB - she delivered at Calvery in North Adelaide. http://www.calvarybabies.com.au/ Let me know if you want more info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I am booked in at Calvary with an OB already, thank you though