+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 170
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I wanted to take a proper photo but DS had been using the tablet and it wasn't charged enough. So this is whats left of dinner. Lentil cottage pie. This usually costs me around $5 to make and as you can see there are left overs. Tonight's version was vegan but I often use dairy cheese instead of notzarella. I served it with corn on the cob.
    1384165456214.jpg

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

    fullofhope  (08-12-2013),Theboys&me  (11-11-2013)

  3. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,872
    Thanks
    987
    Thanked
    3,343
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I wanted to take a proper photo but DS had been using the tablet and it wasn't charged enough. So this is whats left of dinner. Lentil cottage pie. This usually costs me around $5 to make and as you can see there are left overs. Tonight's version was vegan but I often use dairy cheese instead of notzarella. I served it with corn on the cob.
    Attachment 45892

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    CDunks I don't mind eating meat free meals here and there but I've never eaten lentils. You've inspired me to give them a go

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Lentils are one of our main protein and iron sources. They're so versatile too. I have lasagne on the menu and it's made with brown lentils. Then there are patties for burgers, in soups (curried pumpkin and red lentil is to die for) and good old dahl.

    Cottage pie http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...pie-L4676.html

    Curried pumpkin and lenti soup http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2004...d+pumpkin+soup

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

    clucky_duck  (02-12-2013)

  6. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    946
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked
    222
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dinner tonight was leftover pasta salad, peas, beans & broccoli, corn and lamp chops. Wanted to use all the bits and pieces before shopping day tmw.



    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

  7. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,872
    Thanks
    987
    Thanked
    3,343
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    Lentils are one of our main protein and iron sources. They're so versatile too. I have lasagne on the menu and it's made with brown lentils. Then there are patties for burgers, in soups (curried pumpkin and red lentil is to die for) and good old dahl.

    Cottage pie http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...pie-L4676.html

    Curried pumpkin and lenti soup http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2004...d+pumpkin+soup

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks so much for that!!! That's awesome. I wouldn't mind trying some burger patties - would you mainly use them in place of mince?? My DS2 eats a bit of meat but not nearly as much variety as DS1 and I do. I think it would be a nice thing for the three if us to each once a week.

  8. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Thanks so much for that!!! That's awesome. I wouldn't mind trying some burger patties - would you mainly use them in place of mince?? My DS2 eats a bit of meat but not nearly as much variety as DS1 and I do. I think it would be a nice thing for the three if us to each once a week.
    There are some things that you can swap them out for meat in but they do require a few more things. Their flavour alone is nothing special so herbs or spices are needed to make things tastey. There are a heap of different styles of patties you can make. I make some wih chickpeas and tandoori spice mix that are really nice. With red lenitls they go really soft and mushy when cooked so are great in patties. Green/brown lenitls hold their shape more. I'm yet to try the french lentils.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,872
    Thanks
    987
    Thanked
    3,343
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    There are some things that you can swap them out for meat in but they do require a few more things. Their flavour alone is nothing special so herbs or spices are needed to make things tastey. There are a heap of different styles of patties you can make. I make some wih chickpeas and tandoori spice mix that are really nice. With red lenitls they go really soft and mushy when cooked so are great in patties. Green/brown lenitls hold their shape more. I'm yet to try the french lentils.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh awesome. I think I may have tried red lentil patties at a BBQ. I'm going to give them a go. I really appreciate your help - I'm pretty clueless with this stuff :/

  10. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Oh awesome. I think I may have tried red lentil patties at a BBQ. I'm going to give them a go. I really appreciate your help - I'm pretty clueless with this stuff :/
    No worries. I'm always looking for new recipes to keep things interesting. I love trying new things.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Throw together. Chickpeas and kale in tomato sauce with couscous.1384246723164.jpg

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (12-11-2013),Theboys&me  (12-11-2013)

  13. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    437
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    image.jpgChicken & couscous salad with creamy garlic sauce!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

    Theboys&me  (12-11-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Show me your kids' food!
    By Renn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 950
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 16:35
  2. Show me your food - new thread :)
    By Theboys&me in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-09-2013, 17:43
  3. Go on. Show us your food!
    By ~Marigold~ in forum Bubhub's Body Bootcamp Bustin' Brigade
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 17:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Be In Blossom
Keen to up the intensity of your exercise after having your baby but unsure how? New physio-led Bootcamp Workshops aim to bridge the gap between low and high intensity training, teaching ways to reduce pelvic floor load in gym and bootcamp settings.
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!