+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish we didn't have so many ppl to buy for LOL.
    We still do all the nephews on both sides and all our siblings plus parents and my grandparents AND godchildren (5) and their siblings. It's actually getting a bit ridiculous now. Thinking of suggesting we just do a secret santa for the adults.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each other & the kids.

So expensive without buying for anyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS, DH, Mum, Dad, MIL,FIL & my niece.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Our 6 kids (in the future their partners)

My parents
    Our fake grandma.
    Oh and each other.

If i am seeing anyone else on the day they will get a tin of biscuits. I always have a few wrapped under the tree for surprise visitors.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kids and each other
    Our parents and DP's Nan
    My brothers (who are teenagers)
    2 of my cousins (who are primary aged)

My kids have no cousins.

Pre kids we used to go to the moonlight cinema with a big group of friends on xmas eve and we would all exchange small homemade gifts. That was really nice, I'd like to do that again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do a Kris Kringle on my side of the family, as I come from a big family, we each buy for one adult, and get one gift in return, and we don't buy for each other's kids. dh's side, everyone buys for everyone. But it always ends up me buying for his entire family, wrapping and posting all these gifts.

This year I've decided enough is enough! If he wants to buy gifts for all his family he can do it all himself, if he doesn't do it, then they can go without. (I know I'll cave on this, and will end up doing all the shopping ! And then go and line up for hours at Australia post with two screaming kids to pay a small fortune to post gifts to the other side of the country.. Gifts that people I don't like won't appreciate, but ohh well, it's the thought that counts, right?!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We just buy for the kids-one neice and one nephew.We did use to buy for parental inlaws but they have decided to stop that,which is fine by me,coz I think its kinda pointless as it was just exchanging money in cards anyways Xmas is for the kids and TBH I cant be bothered with all the drama of buying adults gifts..me and DH don't even buy for each other!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD
    My mother
    Nieces/Nephews

That's really about it. I don't buy presents for any other adults unless I know they're getting me something.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1,dd2,dd3 & ss
    My nephews & nieces
    Little sister
    My brother
    My friends kids (4) something small
    And I get something small for each grandparent

Plus I do Christmas cards & candy canes for school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On my dads side:
    Adults give to kids / kids give something homemade to adults
    Everyone gets a stocking and everyone contributes so technically we still give gifts they are just labelled from santa

My mums side:
    Only buy for kids / kids make something for everyone or we give a photo of the kids.

Inlaws:
    Dh parents buy for everyone. We buy for his parents and our nephews.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app