+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who do you buy for at Christmas?

So I'm starting to organize Christmas presents. Ds is all sorted... But I have to think of everyone else. Last year we bought for both our immediate families & nieces/nephews... However this year we have a new nephew.. Do you buy for only the kids & no adults? I think if I'm going to buy for just our nephew, I'll let them know... Cause I don't want them to buy us stuff, etc. Now that I have ds, if people would like to give us a gift, I would rather they just bought him something & not worried about us as we have everything already.
    Last edited by cassieh; 30-10-2013 at 17:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We only buy for children in my family

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My side of the family (sisters, brother in law and niece), DD, DH, and one adult on DH's side (lucky dip for who we get). DH buys for his nieces and nephews. There is one special friend of DD's who I will buy something for while we are in Disneyland over the holidays, and a French champagne for each of DD's teachers.

I've got a few things all ready, waiting for the Melbourne Cup champagne sales for the champers, have bought a few things online for my sisters and have in my head what to buy for the others. Just waiting for payday.

I have a really good system of only buying fruit, veg and dairy during December. Otherwise it gets too stressful to go to the shops, although I take DD to look at the decorations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    This is the first year we aren't giving gifts to the aunts/uncles/cousins. I said after last Christmas ended in a fight between my aunt and her husband that I would no longer be spending Christmas day with them all. We are starting our own Christmas just with immediate family/ We will buy for my parents and brother plus his family and dps parents, brother and his girlfriend. The couples will most likely get joint gifts and we have set a limit of $30-$50 per gift. Everyone will be getting a framed Santa photo of DS since it is his first Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This year, we are buying for...

My parents
    My bro and sil
    My bestie, who is like an aunty to ds.
    Eachother (df and I)

$50 each or $100 per couple. We all agreed on this as things were just spirialing out of control.

Kids we buy for...
    Ds
    Twin niece and nephew (7)
    Great nephew (same age as ds)

We don't see df's family....nor either sides extended family.
    I have an older brother (dad of the nieces/nephews) and nieces who are 18 and 21 (mum of great nephew) we don't buy for now.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    On my side, there are no other kids apart from DD. We buy for my parents, my sister and her partner. On my DH's side, there are three nieces/nephews so we just buy for him and FIL

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have too many family members to count. So the last few years we all decided we are just buying for the kids (all 21 of them, mind you) and not the adults as well. We all still buy a gift for our parents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH side only the kids , my side everyone ! Plus I buy for my friends kids and anyone that buys DS a pressy gets something from him ( usually a painting or photo- usually aunts/ uncles/family friends)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1
    DS2
    DP(but he never gets me anything so ill see with this one this year)
    Niece
    Nephew
    MIL/FIL/mum/stepdad/nanna/nan and pop- get home made gifts from the kids
    SIL/BIL get a box of chocolates or a bottle of alcohol