+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Sorry I meant don't have children
    Even so, they still have the ability to experience it. Whether or not they choose to is up to them. I'd say even just knowing what period pain can be like would put them in a more qualified place to comment... But a childless woman with that same opinion as Trev's would really run me the wrong way too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't aware that a water birth was considered 'taking the easy way out'

He has not personally birthed a child and will never be able to, so I don't think his opinion is valid on this subject.

He can have his say, but yeah...whatever buddy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, absolutely not. In fact, I don't think anyone has a right to tell others what their preference should be for their own experiences. Nothing to do with others.

The circumcision and vasectomy are good examples. I couldn't imagine telling someone to man up and do them naturally because I know what they experience. Nonsense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sure is an experience, Trev! I would have enjoyed my precious bundles a heck of a lot more if I was free of pain, not slipping into unconsciousness and with them for their first couple of hours of life (well outside the womb life).

Anyone can have an opinion on anything. It usually helps if you've actually experienced 'anything' before offering said opinion though.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How horrible that the hospital is no longer offering water births, that's really unfortunate for women who were planning on a water birth.

I had a water birth & it was a truly amazing birth experience, I had no drugs... But I think the water played a huge role in that.

I think this guy is naive to think that a water birth isn't natural, as in most cases it is a HUGE reason why women are able to go without drugs... & I think his comments show his lack of knowledge on the subject.

Do I think he has a right to comment? No. Do I think any male has the right to comment on child birth or breast feeding? No.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I wasn't aware that a water birth was considered 'taking the easy way out'

He has not personally birthed a child and will never be able to, so I don't think his opinion is valid on this subject.

He can have his say, but yeah...whatever buddy
    I have had both a land and water birth, and can safely say that the water birth still hurt a lot...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I don't really get his calling a "land" birth more natural than a "water" birth... whatevs, Trev. Also hate his terminology that he delivered two babies... hmm, presumably your partner, y'know the one actually pushing the babies out of her body, did a bit more of the work...

And to answer the question, no I do not believe a man's opinion is valid, I believe he should support the woman's (hopefully informed) choices whatever the heck they are, provide emotional and physical support if asked, and that's about it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (30-10-2013),Stiflers Mom  (31-10-2013)

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 'trev' is a brave man to put his opinion forward and sharing his vast expeirence in childbirthing matters. I suppose everyone is allowed to comment, and perhaps he was asked, but really I don't think it carries much weight. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me a waterbirth was more about having privacy and feeling protected after an awful first labour than actual pain relief. And also so helpful in preventing tearing.

i can't find anywhere in Brisbane aside from the birth centre ( in the ballot for it) where I can have another wb. Public or private! Can anyone help me find somewhere? It is such a beautiful way to deliver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Home?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-10-2013),headoverfeet  (31-10-2013)