+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why is a water birth not natural?? This guy is an a-class douche!! Someone needs to plug him in to a labour pain simulation machine!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If his opinion was based on a thorough and educated review of current research, that would be one thing. But to claim he knows what women in labour experience, um, no- he does not. Even if he was a male obstetrician with years of experience behind him I would still say that he doesn't truly know what women in labour experience. Male obs SEE women in labour, they assist women in labour but they have NEVER experienced labour so it's impossible for them to really know what it's like on anything more than an academic level.
    Slightly OT but recently a male friend tried to tell me, on Facebook, what feminism is. (Dude, I KNOW what feminism is, I wouldn't call myself a feminist if I didn't!!)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (30-10-2013),Gandalf  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like the bit where he knows what a woman goes through during labour. That made me giggle a bit.

Eta: Damn, Atropos beated me on that one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Kinda makes me wanna kick him in the nads and be all like "NONONO, I know what you're going through. Just bear with it. If you're going to be a douche, expect pain. Dont take pain killrrs for it, its an experience!"

Bahahhaha I love this!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kinda makes me wanna kick him in the nads and be all like "NONONO, I know what you're going through. Just bear with it. If you're going to be a douche, expect pain. Dont take pain killrrs for it, its an experience!"

Hahahaha, yes!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Sorry I meant don't have children
    That'd **** me off too. Be supportive, or stfu. IMO that's a great rule to live by... When it comes to pretty much anything!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-10-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (30-10-2013),tatia&shura  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the bit where he knows what a woman goes through during labour. That made me giggle a bit.

Eta: Damn, Atropos beated me on that one.

Great minds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, a man has no right to an opinion about what women should do during their labour. And watching someone go through labour does not mean you know what it is like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dunno hey. I don't think his opinion is invalid just because he is a male. My experiences in labour were two very different experiences so even I don't know what labour as a whole is like for all women .... I just know what MINE were like. I found a natural drug free birth much much easier than an induced labour with Peth... Yet by some people's standards the drug free one 'should' have been harder.

I think assuming he knows is what gets me - not that's he's a guy. If that makes sense.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone who states that they know what women go through during labour, who hasn't actually gone through labour themselves, does not hold a valid opinion on the matter. This includes men, women who have not experienced labour, obstetricians, midwives, and everyone else. Seriously, what a douchebag.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (30-10-2013)