+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is a pie called I cant believe its not meat pie that you could try.http://www.aliveandcooking.com.au/re...t-meat-pie.php Just grate the vegies instead of dicing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    I used to make foods fun for young and super fussy kids, so thered be a spread of veggies/nuts/fruits/eggs/cheese, etc. Id either encourage them to make a happy smiley face out of the veggies they wanted or treat it like a picnic style thing.
    Would that maybe help??
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I've done that. It doesn't work for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately im out of ideas then. =/ Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or maybe try making your own spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker and add grated veg to the mix then blend it with the stick mixer so they don't notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Kids can be so stubborn! What about getting them to help you prepare and cook the vegies or even grow a little vegie patch (you can do this in tubs) with things like peas/snow peas, carrots etc...

How old are the kids?

What about veg on a pizza? Or would they just ditch the topping and eat the base (this is what DS1 tends to do )

What about vegie based salads like coleslaw - I put cabbage, carrot, celery, spring onions, capsicum and corn in mine and they'll all eat that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried getting them to choose a dish, taking them to a farmers market and buying the veges and then getting them to help you prepare it?

Do you have any room to grown some veges they can be responsible for and help prepare at dinner time?

Recipes I would try would be ;

Vege lasagne
    Fried rice
    Potato Frittata with spinach
    Homemade coleslaw with a light dash of mayo

it is a hard one and I think you will succeed because you care so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make pumpkin soup. But I add all the veg I can find I blend it all really well in the thermo and add some cheesy croutons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is gonna sound weird but is it possible they're just too tired at dinner time? I loooove veggies but if im too tired when I go to cook dinner or dish it up and theres veggies involved, I kinda wanna have a bit of a cry and dont usually end up eating them and I have absolutely no idea why. Ill eat them for breakfast/lunch any day of the week but sometimes I just wanna throw the vegetable at the window.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately im out of ideas then. =/ Sorry.

LOL, I know the feeling. Thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Or maybe try making your own spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker and add grated veg to the mix then blend it with the stick mixer so they don't notice.
    Yes I do this. I have figured out a few ways of successfully hiding veggies, but what I haven't successfully done yet is to get them to pick up a vegetable and eat it as part of their meal. That is what I'm stuck on and I'm over it!

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Kids can be so stubborn! What about getting them to help you prepare and cook the vegies or even grow a little vegie patch (you can do this in tubs) with things like peas/snow peas, carrots etc...

How old are the kids?

What about veg on a pizza? Or would they just ditch the topping and eat the base (this is what DS1 tends to do )

What about vegie based salads like coleslaw - I put cabbage, carrot, celery, spring onions, capsicum and corn in mine and they'll all eat that.
    Yes they help me cook, love to. Then they refuse to eat it. We have a (not very successful) veggie garden which they love tending to. DD ate what peas we got off the plant (not many), and DS2 will nibble half a baby spinach leaf occasionally.
    Veg on pizza- yep, just the base.
    Coleslaw is a great idea, I will try that, thanks!
    Edit- they are almost 11, 8 and 6. Old enough to be eating veggies IMO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Have you tried getting them to choose a dish, taking them to a farmers market and buying the veges and then getting them to help you prepare it?

Do you have any room to grown some veges they can be responsible for and help prepare at dinner time?

Recipes I would try would be ;

Vege lasagne
    Fried rice
    Potato Frittata with spinach
    Homemade coleslaw with a light dash of mayo

it is a hard one and I think you will succeed because you care so much
    Yep done all that. They pick a recipe, they even shop for the ingredients (the oldest one likes to take his own trolley and shop independently of me), they cook it and then refuse it. Thanks for your meal ideas, potato frittata sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    I make pumpkin soup. But I add all the veg I can find I blend it all really well in the thermo and add some cheesy croutons.

They don't like pumpkin soup, or carrot soup, or any other soup BUT they love my homemade tomato soup. Though they have a small bowl full and then scoff all the bread. I think I'll try the pumpkin soup again, and carrot ( I LOVE carrot soup!).

This is gonna sound weird but is it possible they're just too tired at dinner time? I loooove veggies but if im too tired when I go to cook dinner or dish it up and theres veggies involved, I kinda wanna have a bit of a cry and dont usually end up eating them and I have absolutely no idea why. Ill eat them for breakfast/lunch any day of the week but sometimes I just wanna throw the vegetable at the window.

Hmm, I dunno! I do aim for dinner at 530-6, sometimes 630, so it's not like they eat really late. I might try serving them up some veggie meals for lunch on the weekend and see if that makes a difference.