+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It has to be the 3% one, can be bought from most supermarkets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ill book in with my Dr and ask what he thinks is best. DP is away for a week so all good there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's some great info on the net for prevention. Sugar feeds it so cutting right back on it really helps. Apparently potatoes are really bad, too - basically anything that makes yeast.

A salt bath can help soothe it a bit, as can tea tree oil (but it "burns").

Do a bit if research yourself - I hated the sugar thing but gave it up almost completely (still had fruit) for the last 6 weeks with F and G and the great sude effect was smaller bubs (9lbs instead of 10+).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have IDGD so my sugars are as low as they could probably go (no sweets and minimum amount of fruit). I think the GD is what is making it stick around. I just want it gone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I had thrush on and off from 5 weeks pregnant and then for 5 weeks straight from when I was about 10 weeks. It was awful so I really feel for you. I was so desperate that I tried everything. Including placing a garlic clove *up there* overnight which actually seemed to help.

In the end I used a cream for the external area (which was red RAW) it was a mix of hydrocortisone and anti fungal. It worked really well and was so soothing. I also went to the naturopath and got a special powder which is a prebiotic and probiotic in one. Much better than inner health plus. I made it into a paste and rubbed it down thereM as well as drinking it twice daily. Even though my dh never had symptoms I made him take a 7 day course of cream (canesten) because I was desperate to eradicate this once and for all. I ate so much natural yoghurt and cut back on sugar completely (Which I know is harder for you). And I would air our as much as possible. The best thing for bathing is water it doesn't interfere with ph levels or anything

I really really feel your pain OP it was so horrible and I shudder remembering it. I'm positive GBS now which is a pain and another reason I still do so much for down there, to try and keep it under raps.