+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Private hospital recommendations

Hi ladies. I'm one of those who like to have choices lined up ahead of time. I'm currently TTC but still I would like some stories and descriptions of some maternity hospitals in Brisbane. I'd want my partner to be able to stay with me the whole time. I like the look of the greenslopes and the Wesley so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can ring the maternity units of each and arrange a tour. Check out the hospital websites for info. Research obs now while your ttc, ask on here, google or if friends have recommendations.

Once you have a BFP you'll want to book ASAP. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    North West Hospital is great, its a small hospital, but definitely check it out, the rooms are spacious and there is free parking!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greenslopes is fantastic!!!! It is a smaller maternity unit (21 beds in total, I think) I'm having our next baby there in January and have been in for an emergancy (all good now though) the rooms are devine and the staff are fantastic! I also use an Ob from the Greenslopes Ob and Gyno team. I can not rave about them enough!! Their offices are in the hospital as well so everything is in the one place, which is nice

I also agree with booking as soon as you get a BFP because I left it until I was six weeks (so not long at all after I tested) and there were already ob's booked out )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mater Mothers Private They were absolutely fantastic and DH stayed with me the 5 nights I was there (only left once to sort his paternity leave!). I don't have a single bad word to say and the food was good too which is one thing I was worried about because I'm really fussy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your words, would it be odd to arrange a tour when there is no baby? All the hospitals you ladies have mentioned I have been keen on so that's good hahaha. And as far as being booked out after only 6 weeks, whoa! I've seen one obgyn for non baby matters Dr.Brad Armstrong he was pretty good and I know he is at Sunnybank and a few other hospitals as well. I will definitely be asking on the boards for doctor reviews thanks

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB does fertility assistance as well so he books up really quickly, I knew I wanted to go private so googled and phoned him as soon as I got my BFP!

Greenslopes is brand new, supposed to be rely nice . Wesley is smaller (older though) but supposed to be good and then there's mater private. I'll be going through mater private, has the reputation & equipment should anything go wrong, so the OB recommended it for a few reasons in my situation .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only birthed at North West, and loved it! I have heard mixed reviews about Wesley, haven't heard about Greenslopes (fairly new I think), Mater is huge! I think checking them out while you are TTC is a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Thanks ladies for your words, would it be odd to arrange a tour when there is no baby? All the hospitals you ladies have mentioned I have been keen on so that's good hahaha. And as far as being booked out after only 6 weeks, whoa! I've seen one obgyn for non baby matters Dr.Brad Armstrong he was pretty good and I know he is at Sunnybank and a few other hospitals as well. I will definitely be asking on the boards for doctor reviews thanks
    i rang and booked in with brad at 3w6d and the receptionist had to double check the books to see if there was vacancy for my month!! Just thought I'd let you know how early to book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyMac View Post
    i rang and booked in with brad at 3w6d and the receptionist had to double check the books to see if there was vacancy for my month!! Just thought I'd let you know how early to book.
    Yeah he seemed pretty booked up when I saw him. Choices choices.