+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    I took my 22 mth old to Malaysia last October and even though it's cleaner we still exercised common sense. Only drank bottled water and ate from proper restaurants. We stayed in 4+ star hotels who give you complimentary bottled water. I'd not waste my money on business class unless it was discounted and only a few hundred more.

I'd definitely take him with you. Get required vax if you decide too. He'll be little still. You'll miss him and you don't want to regret it once you get on that plane. That way u can have a decent holiday and he'll be with you.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Your right... I probably would spend the time worrying about him, we can afford to shout my mum a trip over to look after him so at least we could have some nights out to dinner together etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hand sanitiser!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Your right... I probably would spend the time worrying about him, we can afford to shout my mum a trip over to look after him so at least we could have some nights out to dinner together etc.
    That would be so nice for your mum. You do a lovely thing for her and also have your son with you and know he is safe. Your first child is always the hardest. I can't leave my son overnight yet and he is nearly 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD had been three times by the time she was 2. I would go at the drop of a hat. Don't go business and spend the rest on paying for your mum, and an adjoining room for her and bub. Try tripadvisor - there's heaps of bubs in Bali info there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    DD had been three times by the time she was 2. I would go at the drop of a hat. Don't go business and spend the rest on paying for your mum, and an adjoining room for her and bub. Try tripadvisor - there's heaps of bubs in Bali info there.
    Thank you... I'll definitely have a look on there! I think I'm worrying too much... But I've never been there before, I think if I had been there before & knew what to expect I would be a bit more relaxed about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    That would be so nice for your mum. You do a lovely thing for her and also have your son with you and know he is safe. Your first child is always the hardest. I can't leave my son overnight yet and he is nearly 3.

Yeah I would love to shout my whole family but I'm still working on dp for that one lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've travelled a fair bit with DD. I was so worried for our first trip but once you're there its nothing to be worried about. Just be sensible with water and food. Get good health insurance and be very safety cautious. If you'll mainly be in a hotel in bali then you'll have no problems. Travelling with a baby is such a great bonding time and experience for you all to spend really good time together.

I found DD has never got sick on holidays. Quite the oposite and she's been far healthier than she usually is in day care.

Dd is 3 and is a little jet setter already. has numerous trips to NZ, fiji, malaysia, eastern europe and boat trips. Never had a problem but yes I'm always nervous before we leave.

Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh one big difference with travelling with a kid is I pre book and plan everything. Flights, transfers, hotels, transport. Lots and lots of planning and research so I dint have to organise things when I'm there. Don't usually book activities ahead as kids can get cranky and you need flexibility but have a good plan of what I want to do on what days and have it all worked out. Also leave lots of down time for resting and quiet days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone gone pregnant? We are going for a week next weekend and I'm a bit worried. I'm vaccinated against measles but worried about the food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hummingbird1 For This Useful Post:

First time Mum NSW  (17-11-2013)